Crazy Ministry of Magic Idea | Inside Universal Forums

Crazy Ministry of Magic Idea

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 2, 2010
Orlando
I had an idea today, what if Fear Factor was demolished and in it's place they built a Ministry of Magic walk-through attraction? (I know, we have enough potter, but bare with me)
Inside the newly built show building would be a life size recreation (or close to) with a tour, guided by a MoM employee, that would start in the lobby area (with all the flu network fireplaces and the famous wizard fountain) and ending perhaps in the Department of Mysteries.
The attraction would be equipped with a handful of animatronics and visual effects that would simulate the magic (maybe an enhanced MagiQuest, a similar experience was rumored for phase 1)
and a slew of actors who would be dressed as wizards obviously. The time period would have to be sometime around Order of the Phoenix (I'm not sure if that would work) with the big fudge banners staring at you as you walk in.

Now, the way to get to the MOM itself would be similar to the mirror in the new Beauty and the Beast walkthrough/meet&greet over at new FantasyLand. You would first queue through either an iconic or random wizard's house, and it would then lead to a faux fireplace where you and a few others would crowd around it. After a few moments of spiel about where you are about to go, and how to use the floo network, the fireplace begins to get bigger and fake green flames grow tall and you are then guided through to the Ministry of Magic.

I think this would be immersive, in a way a ride could never do; it would be a unique and personal journey through the wizarding world and I would definitely LOVE it.

There's obviously some flaws. The lines, for example, would be extremely long due to it's run time, but I'm sure Uni could figure it out. Anyway's just a crazy idea I had lol, feel free to leave any suggestions or anything you'd like to add or change. :cheers:

Oh and I'm aware this will probably never happen but it's cool to speculate. :thumbs:

I'd like to get flushed into the Ministry of Magic!!! :)

I love the idea of a walk-through attraction like this!!

@ TheBigSqueeze: I love this idea...would be a heck of a lot more worth it than Fear Factor...They have to be careful to balance shows with rides though to make the park well rounded..something I think IOA suffers from a little bit