Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs | Inside Universal Forums

Crazy Ride Experiences/Ride Evacs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
Do any of you have any crazy ride experiences? Such as your veichle turning into the maitnance bay as you depart the station? Behind Evacuated from an attraction? Has the fire alarm ever gone off while you were riding? Please share your story below.

I have not had many weird ride experiences, the one that is on the top of my head is when I was riding the mummy and right after we went around the turn table (before the lift) we stopped and the audio and lights all went black... We sat there for around a 30 seconds in compete silence, them I was like "Ummm, I think it's broken..." And then a few minutes later it all turned back on and we went off.

Another one was on River Adventure when my friend stuck his hand out the side and they came over the intercom and yelled at him :lol:

Also, on TTA we were passing the other train and everyone in my train reached for hi-5"s not really an odd experience, but it was pretty cool.

(Sorry if a thread like this had been posted, I did a search with no avail)

Once while riding Spiderman the ride briefly stopped and when it restarted all the projection screens were blank. The ride actually felt more thrilling and made me feel a little queasy.

Also got stuck on Journey to Atlantis once at the top of the coaster portion. They rolled over a metal staircase to get us out of the boat which took awhile and then we had to walk down endless stairs to the emergency exit.

I've been evac'd off of TSMM...nothing too exciting, the screens and music just shut off and CM's came to each car and let everyone out and walked us to the exit. We went out a backdoor but other than that we didn't see anything special.

Once on Indy at DL the ride vehicle had no music...you have no idea how much music adds to rides.

On Spider-Man, all the screens shut off and we went through the ride with no music or video.
Also on Spider-Man, the screen shut off temporarily but then came back on, and we were out of synch with them. The ride vehicle was stuck in one position moving along the track and because we were out of synch/not tilting we could see how much the screen images actually shift and distort to accommodate the 3-D effect while normally moving.

Once a bolt fell from Mickey's Fun Wheel in CA Adventure--needless to say we didn't ride it that day.

I got stuck on RSR right when Doc is supposed to be briefing you, and we were stuck in that room for half an hour with him just staring at us which started to mess with your head after a while.

Once on ToT, after the last drop, the vehicle didn't move backwards like it's supposed to and all the lights came on. A CM had to come manually guide the cart to the exit doors.

On BTMRR one night, my lap bar was broken and it wouldn't ratchet into place (when I pulled it down it just kept bouncing back up). I tried to get a CM's attention but they didn't care and I went through the ride with no lap bar and my feet wedged in the corner of the car to keep myself stable...that was a fun ride.

Also, I swear every time I go on Expedition Everest the Yeti is stuck :lol:

Reactions: LiamRowbotham
Let's see...

I have gotten stuck under the waterfall hill on BTMRR and evac'd down the slippery stairs and walked all the way back to the station along the tracks. That was pretty cool.

Gotten evac'd from inside the Haunted Mansion, through the back hallways, out the back door and through the lower area of the tombstones at DL.

Got stuck in front of the rolling ball, right under the Rope Indy for about 15 minutes or so. (That room is fascinating to be stuck in. Got a real good look at the mechanics and seams.)

There are various little things here and there not worth noting, but the longest I've been stuck on a ride was last weekend on Pirates. We stopped by the skeleton steering the ship in the storm for about 30-40 mins. After that we got stopped in the second to last scene for another 5-10 minutes. It was actually a nice break from the unusually hot October weather, and the free fastpass to any ride made it worth it.

Recently while riding Transformers, the ride stopped during the first scene. After about 10 minutes of waiting the ride vehicle reset itself into the forward facing neutral position (like when loading or unloading) and continued on through the path with out spinning or tilting. Got a very nice nice view of the elevators in action. (Especially the second, for which we were facing backwards). That was a pretty neat experience riding mostly facing backwards though the upstairs portion and seeing a lot of behind the scenes.

One of the most memorable experiences didn't happen on a ride at all, but at the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. During the desert sequence the Nazi plane's right hand wing struck the fuel truck during the rotation sequence. Apparently the stunt actor miss positioned the plane when it came out and it's spin path was to close to said truck. It didn't seem to cause much damage, but they stopped and ended the show right then and we were forced to exit. It was years ago before I had a handy camera in my phone or else I surely would have taken pictures.

Once, on Spiderman, the cars were literally 180 degrees out of synch, so while we got the motion, we were facing blank walls and stuff. It was surreal.

Spider-man broke down on me once (A LONG time ago, close to when it first opened), I remember getting to look around. Transformers broke down on me once as well, and I got to get a good look around there as well (really gave me a greater appreciation for how the ride functions and works and the technology inside it). My favorite experience would have to be getting to go on Haunted Mansion when there were no other guests in the house.

Recently while riding Transformers, the ride stopped during the first scene. After about 10 minutes of waiting the ride vehicle reset itself into the forward facing neutral position (like when loading or unloading) and continued on through the path with out spinning or tilting. Got a very nice nice view of the elevators in action. (Especially the second, for which we were facing backwards). That was a pretty neat experience riding mostly facing backwards though the upstairs portion and seeing a lot of behind the scenes

I had a similar experience, but we broken down upstairs towards the end. It was very cool facing backwards in the elevator. :thumbs:

Most recent was a breakdown while at Transformers in Hollywood where the lights came on inside the VTU and I got to see all the workings, pretty cool actually..

Got stuck on Mummy for a minute or two in the fake unload room with the ceiling on fire. Luckily the fire went off and didn't come back on.

Also watched T2 where they didn't have a motorcycle but the sound effects for it were still there. T-800 just stood in the spot where the bike would be and ran down, then him and John Connor ran off to the side and suddenly showed up in the middle of the screen in the movie on a motorcycle. I'm sure they didn't like the technical issues but it was hilarious.

Got stuck on Mummy for a minute or two in the fake unload room with the ceiling on fire. Luckily the fire went off and didn't come back on.

Also watched T2 where they didn't have a motorcycle but the sound effects for it were still there. T-800 just stood in the spot where the bike would be and ran down, then him and John Connor ran off to the side and suddenly showed up in the middle of the screen in the movie on a motorcycle. I'm sure they didn't like the technical issues but it was hilarious.

I've seen this too--it's pretty awkward, but I think it happens pretty often.

There have also been times when the actors playing John and Sarah are missing during the show's epilogue, so you hear their voices but see no one lol

Reactions: Cwoolboy

Oh I hate when the motorcycle is not there.... it sucks lol

Being a Disney regular I have been on Haunted Mansion and had it break down 3 different times but recently (mid-September) was on Test Track the ride broke down while we were outdoors and got to walk the length of the outdoor track to the emergency exit. I want to say it was a 15-20 minute wait before they walked us out.

Ive also been evaced off TSMM during soft opening, was cool to walk thru the ride building but nothing that special to see like Tyler said.

Earlier in the month I had my bench in FJ go off the course and unload us in back room that is stationary.

Ive also been evaced off TSMM during soft opening, was cool to walk thru the ride building but nothing that special to see like Tyler said.

Earlier in the month I had my bench in FJ go off the course and unload us in back room that is stationary.

I still want to do this

After going to going to theme parks regularly for over 20 years I yet to be evacuated off an attraction. I either have really good luck or bad luck lol. If I had to pick one to be evac'd off of I think I would choose Temple of the Forbidden Eye, in the Chamber of Death scene.

What would be everyones dream ride off which to be evacuated??

I've been evacuated off of Space Mountain, The Voyage (at Holiday World), and Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain wasn't all that cool because we were literally evacuated right next to unload. Space Mountain, however, was quite the experience because we were evacuated off one of the tallest blocks.