Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dark Arts at Hogwarts Castle (IOA)

This is intriguing, but not sure if I'll ever get to see it in person. Last time I forced my BF to watch the Nighttime Lights show, we got caught in a downpour and he hasn't let me live it down...

Cool! Based on it being only for a limited engagement in Hollywood by the looks of it, I'm worried it will be the same in Orlando eventually. Not planning my next visit until March of next year.

It would be good IMO if they could somehow "rotate" the different shows each night (alternate between the regular one and Dark Arts one) so you could see both on any given trip.

Cool! Based on it being only for a limited engagement in Hollywood by the looks of it, I'm worried it will be the same in Orlando eventually. Not planning my next visit until March of next year.

I mean, Nighttime lights started as a "limited" time thing as well and ended up becoming permanent. I imagine this show will play around Halloween in Orlando

What are the chances of this being on around Halloween time? Trip is booked for late September and would be disappointed if they stopped it for HHN

Wow! just saw a youtube video on the show! Just amazing! I really can't wait to see this in person! What a really great job Universal did!!!!

Disney:
1 Year before release: We are making this amazing show that we are sure the audience will be delighted.We really worked really hard on it and all animation is done by ILM that worked on Star Wars and Marvel so it must be good.
3 Month before release: We are doing this amazing projection show and you have to like it because what we do is very difficult and costs a bazillion dollars.
1 Week before release: This was so hard and our audiences will be stunned and loose their bowl content for sure.
Universal:
Oh yeah, here is something new, hope you like it.
Me: This looks amazing!

If the drones are being used in Orlando, has there been any talk of where they would go? Unless they closed River Adventure every night, it almost seems like the option would be to launch the drones from Dr. Phillips High School’s adjacent football field and/or parking lot.

If the drones are being used in Orlando, has there been any talk of where they would go? Unless they closed River Adventure every night, it almost seems like the option would be to launch the drones from Dr. Phillips High School’s adjacent football field and/or parking lot.

Couldn’t they just be launched from the rides roof? It’s a huge building.

Couldn’t they just be launched from the rides roof? It’s a huge building.
I was thinking about this last time I was there...I imagine it could be launched from the new backstage building they just built...That may require some nets around the Hagrid area

My guess, is that it'll just be in a birds nest like structure on-top of the FJ showbuilding (as they did have to do crane work when Hollywood was starting on the show), that way it keeps the drones safe and secure; with them being fine when weather comes around.