Dark Zodiac (HHN 32) | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Zodiac (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Dark Zodiac
Dr. Oddfellow has entered a dark dimension to harness the power of the Zodiac and live forever. He twists the signs into malevolent beings who foretell one’s doom. As his star rises, yours falls.

From the podcast:

"Hollywood is entitled Dark Zodiac. We're taking it back to the origin of how the zodiac connects to Dr. Oddfellow. So, in this zone, you're going to see all of our zodiac representations, but we also have the tarot attached to it and we also have the elements that we are showcasing throughout the entire zone. So, all of that connection and then the creatures that everyone is going to be able to identify as their own zodiac sign. So, they're going to be able to connect with that right away. We have great elemental horrors that are going to be walking around and they're going to be scaring us throughout the entire zone. So, we have that fun fun fun zone for everyone to connect to.

The Dark Zodiac is just that. It's not just the zodiac, but Dr. Oddfellow has twisted it to be this dark and demented zodiac. So you're not just going to find your zodiac, you're going to find the twisted dark version of your zodiac."

I’m very excited here This is definitely #1 for Zones. Wonder how Dr. Oddfellow will play in here and who he will take the form of!

Also USS had a Dark Zodiac zone but hearing them talk about this on the podcast seems like it won’t be like that one really and focus more on Dr. Oddfellow.

Last edited:
i’m curious how they going portay libra in a dark way
Having not looked up anything about USS, I think like this: the libra symbol is the scales. I think of it like weighing decisions, which is funny since libras are seen as indecisive. Most decisions come down to what the heart wants and what the brain wants. A person carrying around scales with a heart and a brain on them. The person has a bloody hole in their chest and a surgical cut through their head, implying they are weighing themselves.

To me, the podcast made it seem like the zodiac themselves might be on stages with minions below, so the character designs could be really intricate if they won’t be walking amongst the crowd scaring.

Having not looked up anything about USS, I think like this: the libra symbol is the scales. I think of it like weighing decisions, which is funny since libras are seen as indecisive. Most decisions come down to what the heart wants and what the brain wants. A person carrying around scales with a heart and a brain on them. The person has a bloody hole in their chest and a surgical cut through their head, implying they are weighing themselves.

To me, the podcast made it seem like the zodiac themselves might be on stages with minions below, so the character designs could be really intricate if they won’t be walking amongst the crowd scaring.
Your idea sounds really spooky and almost melancholy, but I don't think they'll go too far away from what was already done in Singapore. Their Libra was just... a thing with scales on its arms. USS-Halloween-Horror-Nights-10-Scare-Zone-Dark-Zodiac-Final-Weekend-Victims-with-Libra.jpg

Is this zone one of the last to get finished? It doesn’t have anywhere close to the amount of detail so far as the other zones. We have just 2(?) stages with zodiac props on them. Is there still gonna be more to it? Or is it gonna be more about the scare-actors themselves?

Still curious to see how it turns out though, either way.

Is this zone one of the last to get finished? It doesn’t have anywhere close to the amount of detail so far as the other zones. We have just 2(?) stages with zodiac props on them. Is there still gonna be more to it? Or is it gonna be more about the scare-actors themselves?

Still curious to see how it turns out though, either way.
I’m sure more will be added. Oddfellow’s opening zone is bare as well.

The theme and subject does not make any sense based on the zodiac.
But this zone is amazing. Amazing creatures. Great sets. Like a demonic steampunk

Reactions: Clive