1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Deadpool Rights for Meet & Greet?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by v0latilebear, Feb 17, 2017.

1. v0latilebear

v0latilebear Newcomer

Was just thinking about this, where does Deadpool fall in regards to the Marvel characters and Disney? Is he fair game to Universal and if so would Universal be willing to use him in a meet and greet, or since he is rated R no good?

2. Alexshow

Alexshow Veteran Member

I'd assume that even without the Rights being a problem for the East Coast, I'd doubt that Disney would want to use characters currently used by Fox. And as for Deadpool..I'd say that excluding the R rated Superhero flick that has boosted popularity for the character, I'd still say that it'd be highly doubtful that you would ever see him in the theme park.

3. Friar Tuck & Roll

Friar Tuck & Roll Rookie

If you look at the merchandise at Marvel Superhero Island one of the few items that actually said Universal Studios on it features Deadpool on a T-Shirt. While I also doubt that a meet and greet characters would happen, its not like Universal is opposed to using Deadpool. And as for being rated R, its not like Deadpool cant be made kid friendly as he is used fairly prominently in the Lego Marvel Superheroes video game.

4. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

Deadpool would belong in the X-Men family - therefore Universal could theoretically use him (doubtful).

jtsalien and Mad Dog like this.
  5. Porkchop

Porkchop Rookie

Funny story, I went to Islands in 2013 -- Was before Deadpool was anything other than a comic book merc.

I was wearing a Deadpool shirt, and we're in line for Wolverine....I finally get up and this is how it goes down

Wolverine: Enjoying the park so far?

Me: yeah its been really ----

Wolverine: SHUT UP WADE!!!!

I nearly lost my poop it was so awesome!!! Great interaction, and great character that Wolverine was!

JM-BENT, rhino4evr, MrRoamer and 4 others like this.
  6. Chris Glass

Chris Glass Staff Member Editor

On that note, have any characters changed at all since IOA opened? I mean, isn't the same usual set of X-men for photo ops and Spider-man? Outfits changed a bit, but it seems the choices have shrunk over the years, not grown.

7. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Veteran Member

Captain America too. I'm pretty sure he's been there since opening (especially with the Captain America Diner). It definitely hasn't grown, but some characters don't show up very often. I can't remember the last time I saw Green Goblin or Doctor Doom (granted, I don't pay attention to that stuff...)

8. Coasted

Coasted Newcomer

They were out when we there (ie one of the days between 2-7 April). Was great being surprised by Spider-Man etc appearing in street, rather than having to queue

9. Chris Glass

Chris Glass Staff Member Editor

Funny, ain't it? I mean, with Jurassic Park's Raptor Encounter and Transformers, they hit it out of the park, no pun intended. But they've left the Marvel side to be just the same weirdo motorcycles.

10. Eckert

Eckert Veteran Member

Doctor Doom and Green Goblin still show up regularly. It's a shame this land is stuck in a time lock, though.

11. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

a friend of mine took his 10 year old to see Deadpool in the theater not realizing it was R rated (yeah I don't understand that either)...that must have been awkward...

Porkchop likes this.