Death on The Nile | Inside Universal Forums

Death on The Nile

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Fox is going ahead with a direct sequel to the events of Kenneth Branagh's Murder on The Orient Express, with the Agatha Christie novel Death on The Nile.

Armie Hammer Boards ‘Death on the Nile’ Remake – Variety

Gal Gadot & Armie Hammer join the cast, with Branagh returning to direct and act, as screenwriter Michael Green also returns from Orient; with the film expected to begin production in Mid-2019.

What do you think? Did you see the Orient Express? And if so, are you excited to see how Kenneth and Green handle The Nile? Comment down below!

Reactions: tankart150
When will Hollywood create brand new quality characters and franchises again
Just like they did in the past.
I’m tired of adaptations, sequels, superheroes, prequels, remakes, rehashes, reboots, requels, midquels, British accents, etc.

I was a big fan of MURDER, and I think this trailer looks terrific. Very stylish.

And the plot -- assuming they haven't changed it around too much -- is one of Agatha Christie's best.

I was a big fan of MURDER, and I think this trailer looks terrific. Very stylish.

And the plot -- assuming they haven't changed it around too much -- is one of Agatha Christie's best.

I hated the last one - because it was played as a farce rather than serious.
This trailer makes it look deadly serious (and good) but I'm not being burned twice, will see what the first reviews say.

I hated the last one - because it was played as a farce rather than serious.
This trailer makes it look deadly serious (and good) but I'm not being burned twice, will see what the first reviews say.
I didn't feel MURDER was played as farce at all, but fair enough!

That trailer is nothing but a bunch of glamour posing shots... I don’t know make anything of it at all...!
The glamour is all I need at this point!

They may just be treading carefully in terms of giving away too much of the plot, which -- even by Christie standards -- is pretty packed with surprise developments and turns.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush