Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

Feb 12, 2013
Hollywood
Video of Que,Pre-show, and dance party. Like in T2 you arnt allowed to tape in ride room so very few vids are available.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Zdb6cyIddI?feature=oembed
ALSO AS ALWAYS I HAVE A LIL TID-BIT OF ATTRACTION RUMOR COMING NEXT TO MINION MAYHEM. FROM WHAT I HEAR THEY WILL BE ADDING A KIDS ATTRACTION NEXT TO MINIONS(that we all knew).

ITS SAID THAT THEY WILL UTILIZING ROBOTIC ARMS AS IN FORBIDDEN JOURNEY!

Wouldn't they use the same ride system used in Florida? The robotic arms used in Forbidden Journey are for more extreme movements, and they're moving through several rooms as well...

I'm gonna call 100% fake/not happening for this rumor. Where'd you hear this? #1 there's no room whatsoever for a significant ride #2 they wouldn't spend the money on infrastructure and creative $$$ that would be required for the Kuka Arm technology for a simple kiddie ride...that'd be ridiculous, and would be pathetic that some outside kiddie ride is more advance than it's neighboring Minion Mayhem. I can go on about why this sounds fake.

The most that will go in Coke Soak's place is a mini play area or carnival area themed to the movie carnival with fluffy unicorns. And a carnival area sure as heck wouldn't include a kuka arm ride for kids at Universal haha.

I'm all for realistic rumor reporting but come on...lets be realistic.

[HASHTAG]#1Yea[/HASHTAG] as you can see they used the arms in Fast and Furious (backlot attraction) so i dout they'd mind using it for a kiddie ride.

[HASHTAG]#2The[/HASHTAG] arms dont take up a lot of space(have you seen the Fast and Furious area?).

[HASHTAG]#3why[/HASHTAG] do you think this attraction is always open on the tram becuase the arms are very effective and can take weather. Sorry if it possibly angers you. I dont make up what i post and what I hear(from sources inside the park) I post as rumors becuase even park sources can be wrong sometimes.

But if you knew me you'd know a lot of what Ive posted as rumors have become fact.

(No im not always right but who is)

Last edited by a moderator:
[HASHTAG]#1Yea[/HASHTAG] as you can see they used the arms in Fast and Furious (backlot attraction) so i dout they'd mind using it for a kiddie ride.

[HASHTAG]#2The[/HASHTAG] arms dont take up a lot of space(have you seen the Fast and Furious area?).

[HASHTAG]#3why[/HASHTAG] do you think this attraction is always open on the tram becuase the arms are very effective and can take weather. Sorry if it possibly angers you. I dont make up what i post and what I hear(from sources inside the park) I post as rumors becuase even park sources can be wrong sometimes.

But if you knew me you'd know a lot of what Ive posted as rumors have become fact.

(No im not always right but who is)
It doesn't anger me haha chill. It's just not realistic whatsoever. Fast and Furious isn't exactly an attraction that utilizes the arms for a RIDE, you sit an watch it. It was very expensive for what it is and it wasn't the hit Universal thought it would be.Again, not dissing you, but your source is 99% wrong. Its not a realistic rumor for Universal to utilize the Kuka technology in a small space like Coak Soak for anything of significance. If you said Ferris Wheel or spinner id maybe believe you, but even then, Universal wouldnt put a new infastructure for a kiddie ride with the Kula technology over there....

And the actual arms don't take up space but their infrastructure does. Park "inside sources" are rarely reliable, especially if its hourly cast members. No offense. Also, I've seen fast and furious down MANY times. But that's besides the point. Fast and Furious was like a test of the Kuka technology for Universal. Knowing Universal, especially in Hollywood, they would NOT spend that much money on an expensive robotic technology for a kiddie ride in a tiny area of the park on top of the parking structure that already has problems. A mini spinner, maybe, but even then I'd doubt it.

Not judging you as a person but this rumor is in my opinion ridiculous and not realistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on now. We all have our opinions, so let's keep the atmosphere a bit more open to different perspectives.

I'm not sure of a Kuka ride is possible in that area given the space. I can't think of anything that wouldn't look like an eyesore.

I know they don't seem to take up a lot of space visually but they would need to dig a lot to have the proper infrastructure in place, and in the Coke Soak location, that's extremely unlikely in my opinion. That, and it's very low capacity and I don't see Universal investing money into this. It's definitely fun, and I love the technology. I merely meant that in the Coke Soak space, it seems very impractical.

But hey, what happens, happens. I'd rather they'd use this hypothetical money elsewhere, like additional funds for Minion Mayhem to be more unique, have better ride vehicles, etc. Nothing against you though bud :)

On a different topic, is anyone actually truly excited for Minion Mayhem?

I'm going to do something a little crazy and say I actually would believe a kiddie ride using kuka tech is possible. We don't know the extent of the repairs made on the garage, but if that area was able to support a large scale playground and stage as it did when Fivels play land was there, i would think a kiddie ride is possible. I don't know that universal would do it, but I would not rule it out.

That said:

I will reiterate Jon's sentiment: be a little more receptive. We're a family here, let's strive to be as courteous as possible even when rejecting the ideas of others.

I hope I didn't offend anyone. Wasn't my intentions at all. I just reiterated my opinion that I personally think a Kuka kiddie ride is a bit far fetched for USH in that specific location. Nothing against any members, love you all. Sorry if I come off aggressive ;) *hugs all around*

Again though, I feel that a kuka arm ride is more for thrills and would be too expensive to be utilized for a low capacity kiddie ride that would require a large infrastructure, especially in that corner of the park. I know other parks have them, but those parks have double the amount of rides and these rides are usually a side show thrill ride.

The most I'd see there is a little kiddie spinner like they're adding in Florida in Springfield (and even then that requires lots of infrastructure if its a permanent spinner) or more realistically a Despicable Me Carnival games area with thousands of fluffy unicorns. THEY'RE SO FLUFFYYYYY!!!!

If a kiddie spinner does go there, I won't be too surprised. Ill pay for everyone's butterbeer if its based on the kuka arm though ;)

Count me in!! I can never have too much butterbeer.  :D  It's always great to have more rides in the park, but Kuka arms may be a bit too extreme to have as a part of the Despicable Me area. What I believe the most right now is the carnival area, but I could be totally wrong as well. The only thing that's really keeping me back from believing the rumor is that our park isn't known for creating more than one ride per franchise. This could all change with Despicable Me and The Wizarding World, but so far we've only got one ride for The Simpsons, one ride for Jurassic Park, and so on. But like I said, I'm always open to more rides  :)

Either way im super excited for everything happening in the park especially the areas we will be getting that are not in Orlando(Universal Plaza, Despicable Me Play Area/Kiddie Ride/Games/Carnival). If Kuka Arms dont happen i can see a small Ferris wheel or spinner. Is Minion Mayhem going to have two projection rooms.

I'm glad we're getting something that Universal Orlando doesn't! But they could always demolish something random over there and throw in what we've got.. Certainly not the first time they've done that.  <_<  I think that we may have the room for 2 projection rooms, if they really wanted to squeeze them in there. The auditorium in Florida is fairly small, and come to think of it, it's probably half the size (or less) of our former T2:3D auditorium. It's a complicated thing to predict though, because they've got to consider how much room they need for everything: regular queue, overflow queue, both pre-show rooms, the rumored "exclusive" attraction(s) we'll have, etc. T2:3D took up a large amount of space, so we very well could have 2 projection rooms. It'd definitely be smarter because right now we could really use another people-eater attraction!

Either way im super excited for everything happening in the park especially the areas we will be getting that are not in Orlando(Universal Plaza, Despicable Me Play Area/Kiddie Ride/Games/Carnival). If Kuka Arms dont happen i can see a small Ferris wheel or spinner. Is Minion Mayhem going to have two projection rooms.
I agree, I'm excited as well! And I sure do hope it's two projection ride rooms considering how much bigger our building is. I'm curious if the extra space will go towards more queue space or more ride space

I agree, I'm excited as well! And I sure do hope it's two projection ride rooms considering how much bigger our building is. I'm curious if the extra space will go towards more queue space or more ride space
More shop space ;] I don't know I am not excited about this ride... it's a simulator and we already got 2 and half in the park, Shrek being the worse since in Tijuana we've got a 4D theater for regular movies which is waaaaaay better than the one that they have for Shrek...

I think Universal will sorta figure it all out in a smart way. I trust them. I may or may not be at the grand opening to officially welcome the minions to the park.  :)

I feel like they should either have a drop ride or a spinner ride, any of those 2 would be a good addition but I'm not sure how they would have 2 long lines in rides that are next to each other.

Despicable Me has been in Florida for 2 years, and it's overflow queue is still used all the time. They'll have to be careful with space in order to maintain a reasonable consumption of land for one or two attractions.