Digital Display Board | Inside Universal Forums

Digital Display Board

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
Will we be seeing the Digital Display Board removed soon?

Cb7z3ftUYAEUVxq.jpg

Will we be seeing the Digital Display Board removed soon?

That's what I have suggested! It will definitely help, and open up the walkway. Maybe they will relocate the sign to into the plaza or a small one like Disneyland/California Adventure under the Universal Plaza tower. I just read Red Carpet's post, and realized that the sign is very helpful, but nowadays people are so attached to their smartphones and can simply just go to USH's website to view all of the park times and shows. (However, USH really needs an app)

Last edited by a moderator:
The planter was a huge disturbance in the walkway, however opening it up is a great idea... I really wonder where the digital display board will be moved though (hoping it comes back at all). This is great news though, especially for HHN fans of the main entrance scare zone! 

Hopefully this a sign that work will start on Cartooniversal soon. I can't see the Digital Display Board and planter staying there. It takes up a good portion of the street! 

Last edited by a moderator:
 I'd hope it's a full demolition, I dislike the way Cartooniversal looks as compared to how the main entrance looks now. 

I'm surprised they didn't at least reshape that planter. It looks especially awkward with that empty space where Brews Brothers used to be.

However, this planter was there before the DSD and Brews Brothers was there.  Its an awkward planter now that the street is smaller.  I will expect all of this to go in the fall when Cartooniversal comes down.  The new open space behind Cartooniversal is going to house something new to allow the street to grow in foot space.

Reactions: Aaron
I wonder how soon they will change the Digital Display Boards? There are only three attraction spots left, 1) The Walking Dead 2) Forbidden Journey 3) Flight of the Hippogriff. If they want to add Ollivanders or whatever attraction comes next, there are not enough spots available on the Digital Display Board. Do you prefer this Digital Display Board or the kind Universal Orlando uses at their parks?

Reactions: William
I favor our wait time display boards over UOR's for sure. It's much more convenient to immediately see the wait time for the attraction you're interested in rather than waiting for it to appear on the display board. Maybe once more attractions need to be added, they can just keep showtimes for things like SES and Animal Actors on the paper handouts given to guests at the park entrance.