Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

some notes from the Earnings call,

• Service will now launch in Late 2019
  • Iger mentioned that the Fox Acquisiton could give wake to more Marvel content for the service

some notes from the Earnings call,

• Service will now launch in Late 2019
  • Iger mentioned that the Fox Acquisiton could give wake to more Marvel content for the service
I wonder if maybe Disney pulls New Mutants and Dark Phoenix from theatrical release and are instead released as Disney Direct originals as a play to pull in subscribers.

I wonder if maybe Disney pulls New Mutants and Dark Phoenix pulled from theatrical release and released as Disney Direct originals as a play to pull in subscribers.

I would assume if that was the case, NM would be on Hulu and Dark Phoenix might see the light of day with Disney Direct as a "Elseworlds" story; with no relation to the Marvel Universe outside of the characters.

They want to attract people, not push them away. :lol:
I mean, there are some people that are excited for the movies. Not myself as I don't follow the X-Men stuff too much, but there's enough people that I can see it being something they would consider.

I mean, there are some people that are excited for the movies. Not myself as I don't follow the X-Men stuff too much, but there's enough people that I can see it being something they would consider.

If they still wanted to bank a bit on the X-Men for Fox right now; they would be marketing the hell out of Dark Phoenix (Keep in mind, we are now about 6 months out, which is a bit later than usual for the core X-Men series. And New Mutants has basically been MIA for a LONG period of time.

My guess, is that NM is removing it's X-Men branding, and will be renamed and redone to be just a Hulu film that's only on that platform. Dark Phoenix however..is a problem.,

If they still wanted to bank a bit on the X-Men for Fox right now; they would be marketing the hell out of Dark Phoenix (Keep in mind, we are now about 6 months out, which is a bit later than usual for the core X-Men series. And New Mutants has basically been MIA for a LONG period of time.

My guess, is that NM is removing it's X-Men branding, and will be renamed and redone to be just a Hulu film that's only on that platform. Dark Phoenix however..is a problem.,
They could just bury Dark Phoenix and not release it at all if they really want. It doesn't need to be a "problem".

Makes sense and confirms what we've heard talked about. I have to think that if Disney doesn't go after the 61% of Sky, Disney will end up with Comcast's 30% and then they'll have a 90% majority, with the remaining 10% belonging to AT&T (Time Warner).

Loki? What else do we need to learn about him? He had a full arc in the films?

Disney Unnecessary is more like it

More Loki is great, IMHO. He’s a great character. It’s Scarlet Witch I worry about.

Does anyone know if the old Disney Channel/Disney XD shows like Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb, and Lab Rats will be on here?

Honestly, thinking of it; and Loki could bring up some very interesting possibilities for exploring more of the nine realms, especially if they do things more in-between Dark World & Ragnarok. Could be a great opportunity to bring Hiddleston & Hopkins onto TV more, especially after Hopkins in Westworld.

Honestly, thinking of it; and Loki could bring up some very interesting possibilities for exploring more of the nine realms, especially if they do things more in-between Dark World & Ragnarok. Could be a great opportunity to bring Hiddleston & Hopkins onto TV more, especially after Hopkins in Westworld.

This all sounds so tiresome.