Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney KiteTails - Discovery River Amphiteater

belloq87

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
Universal Exports
Per Disney, a new daytime show is coming to this location:

"There’s also new daytime entertainment stirring at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Check out this artist rendering of “Disney KiteTails,” which will come alive several times daily at the Discovery River Amphitheater beginning Oct. 1. Performers will fly windcatchers and kites of all shapes and sizes, while out on the water elaborate three-dimensional kites – some stretching to 30 feet long – will depict Disney animal friends, including Simba, Zazu, Baloo and King Louie. These colorful creations will dance through the sky to the beat of favorite Disney songs in an uplifting, vibrant experience for the whole family."

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.04.06 AM.png

I'm expecting this to be a fairly minor diversion, but I'm glad to see the amphitheater space being used.

The kites will be to be new seeing as they are character specific. With Epcot Forever running through September 30th in all likelihood, i'm not even sure if they'll be the same jet ski's since they'll need time to rehearse the show. I'm not even sure if they own the jet-ski's that they use or if they are rented anyway.

So it seems the kites are already over at DAK to rehearse for this show as they didn't debut with the show last night. There was slight bad weather though, so I guess keep an eye on tonight's showing, but i'm thinking they're just gonna move forward with the kites at DAK as Epcot Forever is only running for 3 months before Harmonious starts anyway.

So it seems the kites are already over at DAK to rehearse for this show as they didn't debut with the show last night. There was slight bad weather though, so I guess keep an eye on tonight's showing, but i'm thinking they're just gonna move forward with the kites at DAK as Epcot Forever is only running for 3 months before Harmonious starts anyway.
Different kites

Doesn't look great!

But if it can absorb some people periodically throughout the day, it's better than the amphitheater sitting completely empty.
This is the kinda thing that I think will look sorta cool in passing as ambiance, but i'm not sure if i'm sold yet that it's something I should stop and watch.

I'm giving it six months before they cancel this thing, although with it being a daytime show, maybe it'll be popular as something to just sit down, rest for a minute and watch.

Yeah, that was a weird phrase I hope to never hear again as a euphemism for "attraction" or "show."
To enter Rise of the Resistance, park guests will draw a spot in an interactive amortized arrangement, which upon completion will allow them to enter an immersive transport experience.

Pretty sure that's Scooter the Muppet in a Spirit Halloween Zazu costume.

There's a part in the video where the wind is pushing on Zazu's beak and curling it down, giving him a dead-on Muppet impression. Like whenever Kermit the Frog scrunches up his face and talks.

The video DisneyParks posted just feels so ridiculously unaware of itself..almost feels like a parody

In other words, I could see how Muppets would be brought in to the conversation

It's a "mask off" instance where they show their true intentions: it's a souless marketing term.

Those benches were burning hot when the sun went down, I can only imagine how hot they'll be in the middle of the afternoon.
I didn't read it that way, but I could be convinced that it was a Freudian slip

It's a shame they can't figure out that they used to do really good daytime shows