Disney May Buy Food Network | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney May Buy Food Network

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They Don't own everything. But I like a world with healthy competition. And to me it seems as if Disney's name is on a lot of stuff.

Disney is nowhere near the dominant force in TV. If anything this would make them a stronger competitor to someone like Viacom.

"I hate Disney for owning everything?"

Yeah, who owns that operating system you run your computer on? Bet it's Apple or Windows. Both humongous tech companies, who own other companies.

Were you drinking a drink at the time? If so bet you consumed a Coke or Pepsi product, maybe even Dr.PepperSnappleGroup. The 3 largest drink companies in the U.S.

How about that computer you were using? Bet it was owned by a Mega Corporation too. Toshiba, HP, Apple, Dell, all huge tech companies, with subsidiaries.

Sorry to break it to you, but you live a world of Mega Corporations. Disney is far from the only one of many. Ironically, their largest theme park competitor, is also one of their largest media competitors. Comcast is one of the main media giants.

"I hate Disney for owning everything?"

Yeah, who owns that operating system you run your computer on? Bet it's Apple or Windows. Both humongous tech companies, who own other companies.

Were you drinking a drink at the time? If so bet you consumed a Coke or Pepsi product, maybe even Dr.PepperSnappleGroup. The 3 largest drink companies in the U.S.

How about that computer you were using? Bet it was owned by a Mega Corporation too. Toshiba, HP, Apple, Dell, all huge tech companies, with subsidiaries.

Sorry to break it to you, but you live a world of Mega Corporations. Disney is far from the only one of many. Ironically, their largest theme park competitor, is also one of their largest media competitors. Comcast is one of the main media giants.

That's the point. Scripps isn't owned by anyone and they have 6 TV channels. If Disney buys Scripps, they now add another 6 channels to their portfolio. We don't need big companies constantly buying smaller companies just to make their company bigger. Soon enough, every TV channel will either be owned by Comcast, Viacom and Disney.

Sort of off topic but Apple is far from a mega corporation. They make consumer electronics. Apple does not own TV networks, film studios, ISPs, and movie theaters.

Can't wait for that Disney Android phone :ears:

Disney-Mobile-Android-22-Froyo-phone-Japan.jpg