Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Parking Increases to $17

Nov 15, 2012
NYC
Effective since yesterday, all parking fees at the parks have gone up 2 dollars. An automobile, motorcycle, taxi, or limo now costs $17, a camper, RV, or trailer $19, and a bus or tractor trailer $21.

Effective since yesterday, all parking fees at the parks have gone up 2 dollars. An automobile, motorcycle, taxi, or limo now costs $17, a camper, RV, or trailer $19, and a bus or tractor trailer $21.

It's funny, because in the grand scheme of things, that's only 2 dollars more per day. So lets say you visit for 4 days. That's an extra 8 bucks total. I know there is also increases in the pricing with the actual park admission tickets, but at the end of the day, you spend so much more on food, airfare, rental car, etc. Yet, it still feels criminal in a way.

:down:

I hope Universal doesn't follow suit on this one. $16 is ridiculous as it is.

That's why they're selling them for $12.95 now. :lol:

To be fair, it's only $1 more than Universal.

Still, getting ridiculous on both sides.

If either provided a decent parking experience--prices would still be too high, but almost excusable. Instead, Universal has random lane shifts, overflowing trash bins, and non-moving moving sidewalks, while WDW parking just feels like a cluster f*** outside of EPCOT, and has had lawyers ruin the tram service.

At least there will be two sparkling new garages at DTD for those looking to game the system.

If either provided a decent parking experience--prices would still be too high, but almost excusable. Instead, Universal has random lane shifts, overflowing trash bins, and non-moving moving sidewalks, while WDW parking just feels like a cluster f*** outside of EPCOT, and has had lawyers ruin the tram service.

At least there will be two sparkling new garages at DTD for those looking to game the system.

What happened with the tram?

What happened with the tram?

In addition to the doors, which just seem dumb after 40 years, they have to play the safety spiel--in English and Spanish--every time someone gets on before the tram can move. If, in the middle of the spiel, someone ignores the guy on back and boards anyway ... they have to play the same spiel again. I've noticed it seems to exasperate the tram announcers, who literally end up yelling at people not to get on, even tho the tram isn't moving.

They still haven't caught up to Six Flags in price. Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey charges $25 to park. Parking is something that is nearly pure profit for any park so when they want to boost their profits they hike the price and instantly have a better bottom line. The thing is people plan a trip to any park and when they get there they will pay whatever parking costs because at that point you're pretty much over a barrel (no one turns around and just goes home because it costs so much to park).

In addition to the doors, which just seem dumb after 40 years, they have to play the safety spiel--in English and Spanish--every time someone gets on before the tram can move. If, in the middle of the spiel, someone ignores the guy on back and boards anyway ... they have to play the same spiel again. I've noticed it seems to exasperate the tram announcers, who literally end up yelling at people not to get on, even tho the tram isn't moving.

I dislike the tram so much. I almost always walk.

I dislike the tram so much. I almost always walk.

I'll walk depending on how close I am. If I'm in the closest section, I'll walk. If I'm in the middle section and it's midday where they only cycle 1 tram, I'll walk. If I'm in the last section, definitely the tram.

While the cost of parking is annoying, it's not as high as it is to park in some UK Attractions!

We have a trip booked in Dec this year for my 30th Birthday. Adding in the cost of parking to the ticket costs, we've actually booked another trip in May, and are going to purchase APs for both WDW and UOR. Rude not to with the significant savings!

Universal has also followed suit and raised their parking to $17. It should have never gone over $15, imo.

I think with parking prices at Universal getting as high as they are they need to start re-considering the clubs having cover prices.

I think with parking prices at Universal getting as high as they are they need to start re-considering the clubs having cover prices.

By the time the clubs are open, parking is down to around $5, or free for Florida residents. This is strictly about gouging the tourists.

Cover charges in the clubs keep out a LOT of riff raff. As someone who used to work in a night club I can tell you any nights with no cover brought out the dregs...