Disney Removing Gator References from Parks | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Removing Gator References from Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Obviously, this is in response to an incident that occurred on property, that thread has been shut down, but this involves Disney quietly removing all gator references from the parks.
Personally, I feel this is going too far, hopefully they return them in the future. What are your thoughts?
Disney is quietly removing any gator references from its parks | New York Post
I think Disney is certainly taking it too far. I disagree with what they are doing

Reactions: Cheezbat
I mean.. that's fine. For now. Whatever. As long as they don't remove the mascots from the water parks, this seems like a typical reactionary move.

Reactions: Cheezbat
There is no real way to spin this positively. I'm not sure why people should be sensitive over an accident involving an alligator when they happen all the time. It's life, get over it. It's one thing when there is a tragedy to the level of the Pulse shooting, but this was just a natural tragedy with no real bad or evil purposes behind it. This isn't even being politically correct, this is being stupid. I don't see how an alligator should offend anyone except maybe the family of this child, but I'm assuming that family isn't strolling around Disney parks any time soon.

Welp.. most people had already forgotten about the incident until they read the news article about the removal of gator stuff today...

Sometimes PR's nonsense backfires.

They announced this stuff a couple days after it happened if not sooner, so not sure why they would announce it again today.

They didn't really ever announce it. The press just decided it was a story as of today.

One bigger publication will post it and see the traffic and then others will pile on to get their share of the ad revenue.

The Jungle Cruise line I understand...

The rest is a bit over the top..
When I first heard about this I thought they had removed all the lines regarding the crocodiles but if it was just this line I can totally understand and they are 100% on the nose with it. The rest of it seems like an over reaction. I guess Blizzard Beach will show how far they will go with it.

Reactions: shiekra38
This is asinine. If Disney does react like this they should go full force. Let's remove the crocodiles from the Jungle Cruise as well as from Kilomanjaro Safaris, the alligator tank from Living with the Land, the Haunted Mansion stretching room, Anything related to Captain Hook, Tick Toc Croc and Peter Pan, all of Dinoland USA since dinosaurs are ancient relatives of Alligators, and since the incident involved a child lets shut down its a small world as well. Of course I'm being facetious and do not think Disney should be doing any of this.

This is asinine. If Disney does react like this they should go full force. Let's remove the crocodiles from the Jungle Cruise as well as from Kilomanjaro Safaris, the alligator tank from Living with the Land, the Haunted Mansion stretching room, Anything related to Captain Hook, Tick Toc Croc and Peter Pan, all of Dinoland USA since dinosaurs are ancient relatives of Alligators, and since the incident involved a child lets shut down its a small world as well. Of course I'm being facetious and do not think Disney should be doing any of this.

they got rid of the Gator AA's from Living with the Land..and I have no comment on it.

Was there a second gator AA in Living with the Land? I know there was the one in the Rainforest scene directly opposite the waterfalls, was there another spot for the gator thats also been removed? Thanks.

Disney is very fond of sweeping things under the rug, and although I believe them going the extra mile and altering entire rides for this is obscure, I can see their train of thought. They don't want guests in the park seeing the alligator references and saying "wow.. remember the baby that was killed here?" They want to erase it from guests memories, as seeing alligator imagery might bring it back up and damper the guests mood, therefor possibly causing them to stay and spend less. I don't agree with it, or believe it's even likely that s guest would think that way, but Disney is very obviously trying to erase this from their history - and will do all things possible to erase it from the guests memory too.