Disney Springs Discussion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Talk about a 180. Replacing a cigar joint with a candle shop. Thank goodness.

Last edited:

Talk about a 180. Replacing a cigar joint with a candle shop. Thank goodness.
Surprised it’s taken this long for an Indian place to get put in. Hopefully it’s good, I don’t know much about the chef. I’ll give it a shot if it’s open by HHN or when I’m there in Dec for the OI meet-up

Surprised it’s taken this long for an Indian place to get put in. Hopefully it’s good, I don’t know much about the chef. I’ll give it a shot if it’s open by HHN or when I’m there in Dec for the OI meet-up
Wondering where this will be located if it's going to be open as soon as later this year. It's obviously gotta be at a pre-existing location and the only vacant restaurant I can think of is the old Wolfgang Puck Express. I guess maybe there's the possibility that part of the NBA Experience is turned into a restaurant though?

Reactions: Grabnar
Wondering where this will be located if it's going to be open as soon as later this year. It's obviously gotta be at a pre-existing location and the only vacant restaurant I can think of is the old Wolfgang Puck Express. I guess maybe there's the possibility that part of the NBA Experience is turned into a restaurant though?
The Wolfgang Puck makes the most sense for a quick turnaround. I could totally see this being a fast casual concept like Cava or a Pei Wei which would fit that footprint pretty well

Reactions: SeventyOne and Nick
Clever way to combat against Universal's new nighttime show I guess and also beat them to the punch in announcing.

Beyond that though, imo, a drone show should be nightly at Disney Springs. Doesn't cost nearly as much to run as fireworks do to purchase and shoot off and it gives people at Disney Springs something to look forward to later in the night.

Clever way to combat against Universal's new nighttime show I guess and also beat them to the punch in announcing.

Beyond that though, imo, a drone show should be nightly at Disney Springs. Doesn't cost nearly as much to run as fireworks do to purchase and shoot off and it gives people at Disney Springs something to look forward to later in the night.
Great way to keep people out at your stores, restaurants and bars later into the evening, too.

Great way to keep people out at your stores, restaurants and bars later into the evening, too.
Yup. People do tend to stay late, but i'm sure bookings tend to slow down later on at night. Something like this will keep people milling around waiting before and after and they're going to need to find something to do before the drone show so maybe a later dinner then they otherwise would've had or make a stop at a bar that they otherwise may not have.

Reactions: Jake S
Insane power move by Disney.
It’s a free easily accessible entertainment option, there aren’t a whole lot of those.
Yeah, as someone who hasn't had a Disney AP since October, i'm definitely going to make an effort to go and see this at Disney Springs. I do plan on getting a Disney AP again soon, but i've just sort of felt I have no reason and didn't want to renew an AP only to waste months on said AP. May get one next month with Tiana close to opening.

Your move Universal

While I would have loved the Electrical Sky Parade to play in MK, DS is really their only option. Luminious is new and DHS has no issues keeping people late for Fantasmic. DAK would have been the other option, but they probably don't want to operate the park late as there's just not enough to keep guests late.