Disney Springs Discussion | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is Fork and Screen a term AMC uses for their theaters specifically? If not and they are claiming they will have Florida's first full kitchen theater, they haven't been to Cinebistro in Miami yet :lol:

:lol: I said it the way you were and it just made me laugh cause its defnitely something Disney would do :lol:

Last edited:
the enzian theater is nice but the kitchen is dirrrrrttttyyyy

--- Update ---

but lets get back on topic with pleasure island!!!! I didn't read the blog threw, when do they plan on doing this

I did a little Google search -- it seems that "Fork & Screen" is an AMC term, so they're saying this will be AMC's first one in Florida.

Here's some description I found in an article on one that opened in Jersey:

As a frantic car chase explodes on the big screen, moviegoers recline in a La-Z-Boy and glance at a three-course menu offering pasta, quesadillas and even a cold beer. After pushing a button, a waiter arrives to take the order, letting the audience settle in as the next plot twist unfolds before them.

There are currently three Fork and Screen theaters in the U.S. — one in Atlanta and two in Kansas.

Prices vary depending on the market.

At the Olathe Studio 30 Cinema Suites near Kansas City, for example, moviegoers pay $20, which the cost of the movie ticket and a $15 voucher which goes toward the cost of food. The menu includes appetizers such as potato skins ($7.99) and Parmesan fries ($6.59), main entree choices including fried shrimp ($10.59), flat bread pizza ($9.49) or mushroom baby swiss burger ($9.99) and dessert offerings like New York Cheesecake ($5.59) or a Darkaiccino Chocolate Brownie ($6.29).

"It’s not your average popcorn and soda experience," Scott said.

At the Olathe theaters with stadium seating and counter eating, the cost is $12.50, which includes a $7.50 food voucher.

The dine-and-watch experience, with its implied noise level and bustle, may cater best to a niche audience, Gross said. AMC Theaters thinks it could attract couples looking to get away from their children for a night.

Some smaller, mom-and-pop theaters have had a variation of Fork and Screen in place for years.

So you pay $20, and you get a $15 voucher for food?! That makes no sense when in the regular theater it costs $10 to see the movie. At least the food pricing is resonable.

With their dropping attendance and lack in earnings they should of focused on revamping the idea of Pleasure Island with unique clubs and attractions, not destroying it and adding more of what the rest of Downtown Disney has.

They just turned it all into a hipster mall.
I dunno, Disney is a little too mainstream for hipsters :p

^Best description I've read so far. I still say Disney is trying TOO hard to try to appeal to all age groups instead of being happy having something different for everyone.

WDWMagic posted a few details of the project:

The former Pleasure Island will be divided into three neighborhoods that will comprise Hyperion Wharf from the 1920's. The side closet to the Marketplace will be a port/shipyard, with Fulton's Crab House docked on the water, and a ferry terminal building. The side nearest the West Side will take on the feel of an amusement pier, and the center of the island with Raglan Road will be themed as an industrialized dockside wharf. Mannequins Dance Palace will be redeveloped as a factory building.

The entire island will be decked out with the latest in lighting system design. The amphitheater on the waterside will feature a vintage Electro-Vision. Early in the day it will use simple incandescent lamps to display monochrome video in a yellow-ish light, and later during the evening it will transform into a modern LED-driven high definition display.

At sunset you will hear the sounds of generators sparking to life all around the island as the Wharf powers up it's 1920's lighting and comes to life. Later in the evening, the lighting will take on a more contemporary feel bringing in more color and depth. Hyperion is the Greek god of light, and Disney intend to take lighting to new levels with this redevelopment of Pleasure Island.

It all sounds nice and dandy and new technology, but I'm sorry nothing can replace how cool Pleasure Island was in it hey day. HOPEFULLY they bring back the Adventurers Club with this since that would fall into the time frame of when this is all taking place.

^:lol:

Don't you know Disney can re-write their own stories and act like it was that way the whole time?

Courtesy of Screamscape
www.screamscape.com

Downtown Disney News - (11/22/10) A Screamscape source tells me that along with the introduction of the Hyperion Wharf concept to Downtown Disney, there are also plans in the works to add a small trolley system to run along the lengthy complex, very similar to what is being added to the California Adventure park.
There are likely to be a few other changes as well down at the West End. I’m hearing that House of Blues may be planning to leave Disney property entirely in the future, in favor of setting themselves up off-site in a new location. If this happens, look for Harley Davidson to move into the former HOB digs. Meanwhile the Mouse has plans in the works for the nearby Virgin Megastore building that would see it redesigned as a cluster of smaller high-end shops. I’m also being told that Cirque is currently planning a whole new show to eventually replace the long running La Nouba show in 2013, around the same time as the rest of Hyperion Wharf, taking advantage of it as the right time to relaunch themselves along with the rest of Downtown Disney.

Wow a new Cirque show? I think that would be the first time ever that they completely replace a show. Mystere has been running in Vegas for YEARS.

The AMC theater new experience makes me hopeful that the prices won't be as much and the quality of the food is great because that's my theater as i watched like around 300 movies in the same location for all 16 of my years so im on my toes for this one. And for the new Cirque show i really do wish they keep the crowd favorites and change the routine for the better as i had a great time watching it in front row for free. But for the Hyperion Wharf i hope they do have something more interesting than selling more disney merchandise.