Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

I thought it was mostly everything that Disney has published, from animation to live action? I could be very much wrong, but I thought they were having everything on D+
Well the only thing that has been in the “vault” has been the animated stuff, so maybe that’s why Iger made a big deal Of animation in particular. Also, Disney doesn’t really have a deep live action catalog that isn’t Marvel, Star Wars or Fox.

At least not a particular deep collection of good movies under the pure Disney brand.

I don't know, there's a TON of 1970s and early 1980s live action stuff that I'd be interested in seeing, some of which never even made it to DVD, and little of which has made it to Blu-ray.

Last edited:
Today's the big announcement day about Disney+. Disney is supposed to give a bunch of new info at their investor day today. It's livestreamed if anyone's interested.

It's an investor event, so don't expect too much flair. It's also 3.5 hours long (!!!), so don't expect it to be a riveting watch.

some notes,

• Ad-Free
  • All content can be downloaded as long as you're a subscriber
  • The entirety of Disney's Theatrical Run from this year, will be available post-Theatrical/Home Video releases
  • National Geographic will be included
  • Falcon and The Winter Solider (Marvel)
  • Marvel: Hero Project (Marvel)
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum (National Geographic)
  • Phineas and Ferb: The Movie (Disney)
  • WDI project is the unreleased Leslie Iwerks Documentary
  • PS4 and Roku TV will support Disney+
  • Most of the original animated Disney films will be on the service Day One, with modern titles added in the months after
  • Into The Unknown: The Making of Frozen 2 (Disney Docuseries)
  • The entire Pixar catelogue will also be included
  • Forky Asks a Question (Pixar)
  • Lamplife (Pixar)
  • Captain Marvel will hit on Day One, but the rest will also be rolled out during a period
  • All of Marvel's TV will impact what happens for the MCU going forward
  • Wandavision (Marvel Studios)
  • Marvel: What If (Marvel Studios Animated Series)
  • Loki will star Tom Hiddleston (NOT VOICE OVER)
  • The Entire Star Wars film series will be on Disney +, with Solo; Last Jedi; and EPIX later on
  • The Clone Wars will have a proper inclusion for Disney+
  • The Mandalorain will launch on Day One
  • The Pedro Pascal Cassian show will star him and Alan Tudyk
  • Timmy Failure (Walt Disney Studios)
  • Noelle (Walt Disney Studios)
  • Stargirl (Walt Disney Studios)
  • Lady & The Tramp (Walt Disney Studios) [Day One]
  • Togo (Walt Disney Studios)
  • The World According to Jeff Goldblum will show of him pulling back on various sorts of things, launches on Day One
  • Magic of The Animal Kingdom (National Geographic), focuses on WDW's Animal Care Programs, and global animal cares; launches later on
  • 250 hours of National Geographic content
  • 5000+ episodes and over 100 original films from Disney Channel will launch on day one
  • The first 30 seasons of The Simpsons hit Disney Plus at launch
  • Various Fox films will be on Disney Plus
  • US Launch on November 12th
  • 6.99 per month

Last edited:
In other news, it's confirmed that The Mandalorian will be a day one series for Disney+.

Interface:
disney-plus-1166760.jpeg

Screen_Shot_2019_04_11_at_6.34.26_PM.0.png

Last edited:
That's... interesting. I guess Simpsons isn't vulgar like a South Park or something. It's pretty PG in the grand scheme of adult animation these days, but I still wasn't expecting it to be on Disney+, but Hulu.

Same, but I guess it may have to do with the fact; as regardless of the political statements..Simpsons is quite evergreen, more in the terms of the legacy it has.

Still surprising to see that, and I have to wonder now what's to come out of that happening. Especially as The Simpsons Movie 2 seems to be kicking back up. It also raises questions to what we'll see from Fox in the library, as even though we do have knowing of some; there are still quite a few that could bounce in.

Definitely getting this for the Annual, as I'd pay for it.

The pricing, was cheaper than I had guessed (as I was guessing it'd be more to VRV's level, at 10 dollars for the premium).

This is going to rock a lot of boats. Especially, Netflix's boat.
The packages they'll be able to do for Hulu Live TV & Disney+ will be really hard to beat. Honestly, I think Comcast is gonna HAVE to sell their stake in Hulu. Right now, all they are doing is helping Disney by being owners because they are contractually obligated to provide their channels by being owners. If Comcast sells, they can get out and stop helping Disney for little to no gain.

For me, in what hooks me to this..

• Marvel's What If - I have wanted to see something like this for a long while, and if this is a way to share it in the terms of an anthological series; it could turn out to something amazing. My hope, is a What If on if Shuri had to take the Black Panther role, after T'Challa's Death. Bring back MBJ and Letita; and it could turn to a great story. Not to mention, depending on the animation style; could be a fascinating chance to play up the styles to match the particular story.
  • The Imagineering Story - I have heard of this from a while back, and this hooks me in quite nicely.
  • Cinema Relics - My cup of tea, in so many ways
  • Into The Unknown - If this is more uncut as I am hoping, this could be a fascinating perspective to see how it's like for the creators, producers, animators, and what-not; to see how they top Frozen