1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Disney+ (Streaming Service)

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by Coasted, Aug 9, 2017.

1. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

The new shoes are being released one episode at a time to discourage one-and-dones.

2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I have a confirmation code right now, but that's it. I'm already anticipating having to be on the phone with someone tomorrow.

You can still do a free trial and binge though once it's all released. That's what I plan to do with Apple TV+ once the first season of The Morning Show and See are fully released.

3. Doug A.

Doug A. Member

So is this being released at 12 pm est? Or would they wait to 3 am est so the west coast would be midnight?

4. Nick

malice, uso345 and Doug A. like this.
  5. Nick

Disney+ has officially launched on the website. I'm not sure about any phone apps, video game consoles, smart TVs or things like Roku, Apple TV, Fire stick, etc though. I'm currently logged in and about to watch The Mandalorian.

6. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

I find it weird Mandalorian reviews haven't dropped yet the rest of the Disney shows reviews have been released

7. Nick

I've heard that it was to keep a lid on spoilers. There was an extended preview of the show for fan sites a few weeks ago that generated positive buzz. Either way, lots of reviews and opinions will come out from the first episode today.

On that note, let's try to make sure we're keeping Mandalorian talk to it's dedicated thread from here on: The Mandalorian | Inside Universal Forums

8. Nick

This is the content I’m here for!

Andysol and GAcoaster like this.
  9. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Premium Member

Disney bought Fox for $80 billion just to get more content for Disney+.

They expect Disney+ to be at least $80B successful.

Coasted likes this.
  10. Nick

So far after spending some time looking through everything on Disney+, adding a bunch of stuff to my list and watching a few shorts, I have to say the highlights of the service so far for me are the depth of content, The Mandalorian, Nat Geo stuff (so much of that stuff looks fascinating) and the DVD/Blu-Ray Extras that come with the service! That was the only reason I bought blu-rays still so being able to through on Endgame and then watch the extras all from Disney+ is awesome.

The Fox deal wasn’t only about Disney+. It was about an entire streaming package that includes Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+. It was also about getting Star India, which may not seem like a big deal to American audiences, but it’s a huge network in India.

Also, Disney has made back about $15-$20B from the Fox deal from things they’ve divested. If Disney+ were to ever be worth anywhere near the amount you said, they’ll be well into the green from that deal.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    uso345, HereWeGo and Andysol like this.
  11. GAcoaster

GAcoaster Veteran Member

And it appears to have crashed already...

Frankyg123 likes this.
  12. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

I mean to be expected on the first day with everyone trying to access it. Gonna take times to get glitches out

13. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

I had some issues but it’s working for me for the last hour.

14. Nick

It’s working good on my Apple TV, but on my Roku on a different TV it’s really struggling.

15. Coasted

Coasted Rookie

Joe likes this.
  16. Yabbadabba Doh

Yabbadabba Doh Member

Has anyone been able to access the service on a Samsung smart TV? I only have it on my Apple devices right now. Didn’t see it on the X1 platform either

17. Nick

So some snap reviews of original content:

The Mandalorian - Looks like it has big time potential and Mando is a genuine badass who just doesn’t give a ****.

HSM:TM:TS - Not for me, but was sort of a Glee-lite. Had some charm, but I’m also unsure why it’s a mockumentary.

Pixar Spark Shorts - They’re Pixar shorts. That’s all you need to know.

Pixar IRL & Forky Asks a Question - Cute, but both seemed like something that belonged on YouTube.

The World According to Jeff Goldblum - Simply charming.

Haven’t gotten around to The Imagineering Story yet which I’m greatly looking forward to. Lady and the Tramp I really have no interest in. I heard it’s pretty meh so I’ll save myself the 90 minutes for now.

I definitely couldn’t live with just this service as it’s too sugary sweet for me to constantly use. I need a Netflix or Hulu in my life to balance things out. However, there’s just so much on this service that I really enjoy and like I mentioned earlier, the fact that bonus features are included is AMAZING. I could spend hours just watching bonus features I’ve never seen from different movies.

18. Nick

Worth noting Disney DIDNT censor Dumbo. They put a disclaimer at the beginning. They didn’t censor Bart’s bare penis in The Simpsons Movie either, although I do wonder how long that’ll last. The TS2 Stinky Pete end credits part was cut, but I had to really pay attention as there’s still plenty of content at the closing credits.

Speaking of, older episodes of The Simpsons that were made to be seen in 4:3 aspect ratio are being shown in wide screen, cutting off some of the animation.

19. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

These were the two best takes from the censoring talk, IMO.

I'm glad they didn't. That's a great song.

I always thought they were a bit reactionary towards that scene.

20. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

Going to sign up today or tomorrow most likely. Wanna get my Star Wars movie marathon going asap. I think they'll see a big jump in subscribers once The Mandalorian hits off and when the Marvel shows begin. Which I believe is not until next fall.