Disney+ | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No surprise, the Simpsons has the least lower viewers out of all of the entertainment-related categories on Disney +. Most kids today are not as interested in the Simpsons on the service when they have plenty of relevant, fun-like options out there, especially since the show has been running since 1989 and people already grew out of it.
Kids?!? These are 23-38 year olds :lol:

Kids?!? These are 23-38 year olds :lol:

People still watch the Simpson's I’ve been watching the Simpsons Marathon on FX everyday they put it. The problem with the Simpsons and streaming is there are so many episodes it’s difficult to find one to start watching but when they start I find it hard to stop.

Reactions: tankart150
People still watch the Simpson's I’ve been watching the Simpsons Marathon on FX everyday they put it. The problem with the Simpsons and streaming is there are so many episodes it’s difficult to find one to start watching but when they start I find it hard to stop.
A lot of us are probably also waiting until they fix the aspect ratio next year.

That's part of why the viewers on The Simpsons are decreasing on the service, coupled with the bad ratio aspect as well, since the Simpsons are still airing on FX for couple of years straight. The vast majority of people who subscribe to the service are more into Disney classics from the 20th Century late and old as well as early 2000s shows and MCU, Star Wars, and Pixar contents than the Simpsons, since they're relevant and popular among families and are very rare in finding reruns on TV nowadays if you want to watch them over and over again.

Disney overvalued Simpsons.....just to compare, people spent 300 billion hours watching South Park in 2019 (57,077 years of watching that) which I don't think Simpsons even has come close to. Simpsons recently doesn't have that edge which made it the top show and I bet Bob's Burgers has surpassed it in current value.

Reactions: tankart150
I’m not even a fan of The Simpsons and yeah, it’s pretty soft by adult animation standards, but you guys are way off base.

I think where Disney miscalculated, if they even did, was thinking that it would be popular with the average, four-quadrant “Disney viewer”.

I read that chart completely differently. To me, that chart says that The Simpsons is a huge hit.

The pie chart shows that The Simpsons is watched more frequently than the new Disney+ originals or NatGeo. NatGeo is one of the hallmark brands of the service. The Simpsons is a single show and its numbers are closer to the entirety of the Disney Channel than not.

I read that chart completely differently. To me, that chart says that The Simpsons is a huge hit.

The pie chart shows that The Simpsons is watched more frequently than the new Disney+ originals or NatGeo. NatGeo is one of the hallmark brands of the service. The Simpsons is a single show and its numbers are closer to the entirety of the Disney Channel than not.

That's because The Simpsons is far more well known for three decades and is still ongoing whereas Nat Geo (where it deals with nature, science, culture, and history) and Disney Original shows are not. Disney originals has like a couple of good shows, and the rest is just behind the scenes of documentaries about theme parks. Still, the Simpsons is the least valued in the chart when compared to other entertainment contents on the service like MCU, Star Wars, and Pixar, since The Simpsons has yet to fully assimilate into Disney's core identity, is a story only about them, and is almost three decades old (where most people who grew up in the 90s and 00s are already grew tired of the show by now).

That's because The Simpsons is far more well known for three decades and is still ongoing whereas Nat Geo (where it deals with nature, science, culture, and history) and Disney Original shows are not. Disney originals has like a couple of good shows, and the rest is just behind the scenes of documentaries about theme parks. Still, the Simpsons is the least valued in the chart when compared to other entertainment contents on the service like MCU, Star Wars, and Pixar, since The Simpsons has yet to fully assimilate into Disney's core identity, is a story only about them, and is almost three decades old (where most people who grew up in the 90s and 00s are already grew tired of the show by now).
The Simpsons is one show - 5% is pretty impressive tbh when you actually think about it. Especially when you consider that Marvel and Pixar are both at 15%.... entire catalogs of two studios versus one show.

Also, The Simpsons is almost ALWAYS at the top of the trending space when I’m on the app. It’s a good show to put on when going to sleep.

The Simpsons is one show - 5% is pretty impressive tbh when you actually think about it. Especially when you consider that Marvel and Pixar are both at 15%.... entire catalogs of two studios versus one show.

Also, The Simpsons is almost ALWAYS at the top of the trending space when I’m on the app. It’s a good show to put on when going to sleep.

Something I wish Disney would have brought over from the FX app was the Simpson’s World guide that had curated playlist of episodes. That’s a great feature that allowed for easy browsing.

Disney+ Had 24M U.S. Subs in November, Raised Netflix Churn: Analysts – Variety

The article states that around 33% or around 8 million subscribers are from the Disney/Verizon one-year plan. They are looking at that very positively, noting that a good many of those 8 million will become paying subscribers once the deal is over with.

Wall Street was only expecting Disney+ to have 20 Million or so subs (including the Verizon deal) by the end of 2020, so they are already well ahead of that pace. The real key though is how many continue subscribing once The Mandalorian is over? The next "Adult" show on Disney+ doesn't come until Falcon & Winter Soldier, I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
So Disney actually released two movies today as Togo came out on Disney+. I’m here to report that, imo, Togo is the better movie. Yes, sadly better than a Star Wars film.

It’s currently sitting at a 94% on RT, too.

Reactions: SeventyOne
So Disney actually released two movies today as Togo came out on Disney+. I’m here to report that, imo, Togo is the better movie. Yes, sadly better than a Star Wars film.

It’s currently sitting at a 94% on RT, too.
You watched Togo? Was it fun?

Getting this tonight, likely going to start with either The Mandalorian or Imagineering Story. Excited to begin!! Can’t wait to see all the content. Any suggestions for new content beyond the 2 I mentioned?

Reactions: Coasted