Disney+ (Streaming Service)

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
Also, it rolls out in India March 29th. With the population size of India, that could be a HUGE boost.
I don’t think it’ll be as big as you think it will.

There’s really only one streaming service in India. It’s called Hotstar, it costs roughly $15 a year, and it’s mostly sports.

Of course, Disney owns Hotstar and they’re going to leverage that. But, India hasn’t shown the same hunger for paid content that the US has. Netflix isn’t that big in India, despite their best efforts.

Disney+ in India is part of the ten-year plan.

HereWeGo

Mar 29, 2015
Honey, I Shrunk The Kids Reboot to star Josh Gad:
I feel like you skipped over the bigger news here that Rick Moranis is coming out of his retirement for this film. Disney must have shown him a really fat check! Also, this will not be on Disney plus but will indeed be a theatrical release.

AlexanderMBush

Legendary Member
Nov 23, 2013
Arizona
I feel like you skipped over the bigger news here that Rick Moranis is coming out of his retirement for this film. Disney must have shown him a really fat check! Also, this will not be on Disney plus but will indeed be a theatrical release.
Part of me really wonders what the hell they offered him to come back from retirement, especially considering how big his return to Cinema is. Especially if it's for Disney+.

___

Meanwhile, Jeremy Conrad is hearing more of Disney's intent to continue Solo in the form of a spinoff show for Disney+.

Last edited:

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I mean... it said it in the tweet so I figured people would see it. It was sort of the headline.

Part of me really wonders what the hell they offered him to come back from retirement, especially considering how big his return to Cinema is. Especially if it's for Disney+.

___

Meanwhile, Jeremy Conrad is hearing more of Disney's intent to continue Solo in the form of a spinoff show for Disney+.

My mistake on this... I read more into it and they are now saying this will be theatrical release. Was originally scheduled for Disney+.

Scott W.

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow

___

He's said for years that he's been waiting for the right script and I hope that's a good sign for the project.

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
As someone in the past who's defended this service on here, I'm thinking unless I fall in love with the Marvel shows (which very well may happen) this isn't worth it for me. Hate to be that persona and not starting this debate, but Disney has reallyyyy tainted Star Wars for me, so I just can't finish The Mandalorian at the moment, and while tehcnologically impressive, I was not feeling connected to it. Other than that its the Disney Vault, which I knew it would be, but I'm just not feeling the need to re-watch these things a ton. Now that I have re-watched some, okay? What's next? Im quickly realizing the only draw here for myself is Marvel and Star Wars. These Marvel shows I'm hoping are terrific so I don't feel the need to cancel the service. But for the price, this isn't justified imo.

Scott W.

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
As someone in the past who's defended this service on here, I'm thinking unless I fall in love with the Marvel shows (which very well may happen) this isn't worth it for me. Hate to be that persona and not starting this debate, but Disney has reallyyyy tainted Star Wars for me, so I just can't finish The Mandalorian at the moment, and while tehcnologically impressive, I was not feeling connected to it. Other than that its the Disney Vault, which I knew it would be, but I'm just not feeling the need to re-watch these things a ton. Now that I have re-watched some, okay? What's next? Im quickly realizing the only draw here for myself is Marvel and Star Wars. These Marvel shows I'm hoping are terrific so I don't feel the need to cancel the service. But for the price, this isn't justified imo.
I think the price is incredibly cheap since you can get it for one month and then cancel.

Reactions: HereWeGo