Disney+ | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don’t understand why Disney is trying so hard to find a brand for Disney+. Hulu, HBO Max, Netflix, Amazon Prime...their brands are “everything under the sun”. Why can’t Disney+ be like that?

FWIW, in this Disney+ lull, Hulu is killing it. A shockingly good movie selection, Devs is super intriguing, plus a lot of great TV shows.

I think it’d be smart for Disney at this point to put New Mutants on D+
They've spent too much on marketing at this point so it's not gonna happen, even if it was a relatively cheap film to make. With everyone basically being stuck at home though, it wouldn't be a terrible idea and would give people who've written the service off a reason to sign up, even if just for a month.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
They've spent too much on marketing at this point so it's not gonna happen, even if it was a relatively cheap film to make. With everyone basically being stuck at home though, it wouldn't be a terrible idea and would give people who've written the service off a reason to sign up, even if just for a month.
Ya this is my line of thinking, if I were Amazon, Netflix, and Disney id try to streamline a few projects to premiere in the next week or 2 if possible. Definition of a quick buck but I think it could work. Idk all the $$ logistics behind streaming but idk, this seems like the right move to me right now with all the uncertainty.

With backend deals and all that, I don’t think they can contractually move it to streaming without a theatrical release.

Reactions: Nick
Oh, great, Frozen II. A fresh level of hell has been added for parents of house bound children. And I keep seeing that in some places the kids are already being told they'll be out at least through April 20th, basically running into the Easter Break.

• Haha
Reactions: tielo
Well I never saw it so looks like I will this weekend. I thought the first one was great tbh and I never do or watch anything Frozen so it’s not forced upon me constantly, hoping the 2nd one is good. No excuses for me to not finish The Mandalorian this weekend either

Oh, great, Frozen II. A fresh level of hell has been added for parents of house bound children. And I keep seeing that in some places the kids are already being told they'll be out at least through April 20th, basically running into the Easter Break.
Yup, Boston is out through April 27th. But let's keep that discussion for the appropriate thread.

They dropped it on Disney+ even earlier than the announced Sunday release, which was already early. I just checked to confirm, It’s now streaming:

They dropped it on Disney+ even earlier than the announced Sunday release, which was already early. I just checked to confirm, It’s now streaming:

Gotta distract from the Disney College Program controversy!

Reactions: Legacy
In my quarantined boredom, I watched Stargirl. It looked decent and reviews seemed positive. It was okay. I didn’t dislike it at all, but I felt like there were some tonal issues and plot lines that just didn’t go anywhere or were unnecessary.

Overall, it was a good coming of age teen movie in the vein of a John Hughes movie. I wish the pacing was better in certain spots, but certainly an enjoyable family movie. Grace Vanderwaal is great in this movie.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
I’ve been watching the Imagineering story and, boy, did they whitewash some of the stories and blow by tons of details. Wish they had done deep dives into different rides/lands/parks instead of a nine part overview.

• Haha
Reactions: tielo and GAcoaster
Onward will be hitting the service on April 3rd.

I feel bad for Onward. I went it expecting it to be just fine and wound up really loving it. But it was underperforming and then with this quarantine, it lost the chance to get a word-of-mouth boost (before getting inevitably dominated by Mulan). But maybe going to streaming, it will get its moment? It will be interesting to see if the movie will have any legs beyond this or if it will disappear the way of the Good Dinosaur.

I feel bad for Onward. I went it expecting it to be just fine and wound up really loving it. But it was underperforming and then with this quarantine, it lost the chance to get a word-of-mouth boost (before getting inevitably dominated by Mulan). But maybe going to streaming, it will get its moment? It will be interesting to see if the movie will have any legs beyond this or if it will disappear the way of the Good Dinosaur.

I think time will be kinder to Onward. Past Disney films like Emperor's New Groove or Bolt didn't make a splash at the box office, but once they were on home media, people started gaining a new appreciation for them. I think Onward just suffered heavily not only from Coronavirus, but also Disney's upcoming animated slate like Soul.

I think putting Onward on Disney+ now is a genius move. They literally have a captive audience who couldn't go to the movies to see it if they wanted right now who are clamoring for new content, especially on Disney+. This is the best case scenario for this movie at this point.

I think putting Onward on Disney+ now is a genius move. They literally have a captive audience who couldn't go to the movies to see it if they wanted right now who are clamoring for new content, especially on Disney+. This is the best case scenario for this movie at this point.
Well, they also have no choice. It played it’s first two weekends already (which is when a movie makes its most money) and now theaters are closed. It’s theatrical run is over. Just get it out there for people to see at this point.

Reactions: Clive