Disney+ | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Genuinely curious why it's taken this long to get proper aspect ratios? Shouldn't it just be a matter of uploading the old files? Or have they been using this time to add a feature that allows you to manually switch between the two aspect ratios, and if so, why do they still think some people would want to watch in an inferior aspect ratio?

Genuinely curious why it's taken this long to get proper aspect ratios? Shouldn't it just be a matter of uploading the old files? Or have they been using this time to add a feature that allows you to manually switch between the two aspect ratios, and if so, why do they still think some people would want to watch in an inferior aspect ratio?
The inferior aspect ratio is technically higher quality and the kind of viewing experience most people today are used to. Die-hard Simpsons fans will want that 4:3 ratio, but I can certainly see how some casuals would want the current HD version. They don't know what they're missing so they don't care.

Reactions: Disneyhead
8 Million of the Subs are from the India launch just 5 days ago. Remember, Disney was aiming for 60 Million by 2024. Even with the Verizon deals, they're well ahead of where they projected themselves to be.

For comparison, Amazon has 150M and Netflix has 167M. Amazon's numbers are inflated a bit as Amazon Video is included with Amazon Prime so really that 150 is (mostly) how many people have Prime.

8 Million of the Subs are from the India launch just 5 days ago. Remember, Disney was aiming for 60 Million by 2024. Even with the Verizon deals, they're well ahead of where they projected themselves to be.

For comparison, Amazon has 150M and Netflix has 167M. Amazon's numbers are inflated a bit as Amazon Video is included with Amazon Prime so really that 150 is (mostly) how many people have Prime.

And in the meantime, Quibi is shaping up to be a big flop with only 300,000 downloads on its first day. Perhaps launching a mobile-only streaming service while people are stuck in their homes wasn't such a great idea in hindsight.

Okay okay OKAY I promise I will totally finish this show by then. Sounds dope!!! Hope for more things like this.

Edit: Also curious for fans of the show, as I’ve tried avoiding reading a lot cause of spoilers, did it take anybody a few episodes to get deep into the show, or does everyone just love the world building they do? That certainly is incredible but I haven’t been struck by this show yet and it’s been hard to return. Just not sure if I’m getting exactly what I will be getting or if there’s a real turning point in the series. Knowing about Baby Yoda before prolly killed a lot of the excitement as I’m sure that was a pure SHOCK for people at first

Edit: Also curious for fans of the show, as I’ve tried avoiding reading a lot cause of spoilers, did it take anybody a few episodes to get deep into the show, or does everyone just love the world building they do? That certainly is incredible but I haven’t been struck by this show yet and it’s been hard to return. Just not sure if I’m getting exactly what I will be getting or if there’s a real turning point in the series. Knowing about Baby Yoda before prolly killed a lot of the excitement as I’m sure that was a pure SHOCK for people at first

At the time, consensus seemed to be the show dipped a bit after the first two episodes, only to finish strong. So more of the same coming. But yeah, Baby Yoda was the biggest shock I've had watching any entertainment in a long time, helped kick the series off with a bang.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
At the time, consensus seemed to be the show dipped a bit after the first two episodes, only to finish strong. So more of the same coming. But yeah, Baby Yoda was the biggest shock I've had watching any entertainment in a long time, helped kick the series off with a bang.
Ya I always figured I was missing that spark from the beginning. Damn I wish I started right away haha. It’s definitely incredibly produced but im
Excited for the strong ending

Reactions: SeventyOne
It took me 3 or 4 episodes to become invested, but it’s definitely worth the payoff. I liked each episode more than the last. The team heist episode was a big turning point for me. Definitely kicked the show into gear and it carried the momentum through to the end.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Artemis Fowl streaming on June 12th:

I don't get why they are waiting that long. The original theatrical release date was 29th May, if anything they needed to launch this earlier while everyone is still in lock down and looking for entertainment.

By June 12th we 'could' all be getting out again, all be it with social distancing restrictions.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I don't get why they are waiting that long. The original theatrical release date was 29th May, if anything they needed to launch this earlier while everyone is still in lock down and looking for entertainment.

By June 12th we 'could' all be getting out again, all be it with social distancing restrictions.
I feel like I hear plenty of stories where movies don’t finish post production until a couple days before the premiere.

Especially now that post production has to be done remotely, I don’t think the movie will be ready soon.

I feel like I hear plenty of stories where movies don’t finish post production until a couple days before the premiere.

Especially now that post production has to be done remotely, I don’t think the movie will be ready soon.

Good point.
If that is the reason then fine, but if it's not and it's just a choice it feels a bit missguided.

It took me 3 or 4 episodes to become invested, but it’s definitely worth the payoff. I liked each episode more than the last. The team heist episode was a big turning point for me. Definitely kicked the show into gear and it carried the momentum through to the end.
The heist episode and the finale were my favorites.

Reactions: ChristopherSE