Disney+ | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Drake?

They have a lot of creative potential I suppose but honestly, I've been revisiting Netflix's Daredevil series again and honestly, there is nothing Marvel can do short of bringing back Charlie Cox and co. back to match that show. It is the absolute pinnacle of that character and that corner of the Marvel Universe.
Tell me about it...I didnt really care about the side characters after season1

But Cox killed it as Dare Devil and the fight scenes and Villains were sooooo good. Kingpin felt like a threat (unlike in the new Spiderman game where you beat him as the first boss) and then you had Bullseye which they matched his focused shot with his personality to make someone who would become unstable if he didn't hit his mark in real life, and of course season had Punisher which man that was an amazing arc as well.

I know they can't have the blood but they could get cox back and have the fights filmed like before but without the blood I'd be happy.

Reactions: SpyderDan
Tell me about it...I didnt really care about the side characters after season1

But Cox killed it as Dare Devil and the fight scenes and Villains were sooooo good. Kingpin felt like a threat (unlike in the new Spiderman game where you beat him as the first boss) and then you had Bullseye which they matched his focused shot with his personality to make someone who would become unstable if he didn't hit his mark in real life, and of course season had Punisher which man that was an amazing arc as well.

I know they can't have the blood but they could get cox back and have the fights filmed like before but without the blood I'd be happy.

Agreed but unfortunately I'd be really surprised if they brought Cox back in the role and/or kept continuity with the show in some way. On a related note, my wife and I ate at Planet Hollywood over the weekend and they have the DD costume in one of the displays at the top of the stairs!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Agreed but unfortunately I'd be really surprised if they brought Cox back in the role and/or kept continuity with the show in some way. On a related note, my wife and I ate at Planet Hollywood over the weekend and they have the DD costume in one of the displays at the top of the stairs!
Are you sure it was the Charlie Cox Daredevil costume and not from the Ben Affleck 2003 movie?

I get they can't keep the current story lines going but the crew/cast did an amazing job of brings a third tier hero to become as liked as bigger characters.
It sucks the management is soooo unwilling to be fine that other teams can make good products too and just reward them with more jobs and screen time.
I think you could recast the other 3 (Ironfist the most needs it) and yes some fans would be upset but I think Cox is the only one who seems born to play the character and besides Defenders was amazing in all his seasons

Reactions: SpyderDan
Watched the new muppets...it was painful

I loveddddd the 2010 Rebot movie thought it was sooo great and underrated and this show is the opposite of that...its them trying to be hip over just making a good show.

Watched the new muppets...it was painful

I loveddddd the 2010 Rebot movie thought it was sooo great and underrated and this show is the opposite of that...its them trying to be hip over just making a good show.
Yup. And Kermits voice is noticeably off since the change in who voices him.

Yup. And Kermits voice is noticeably off since the change in who voices him.
I'm not even going to talk about the voices...more just the script.

Like who is this for? It's not really adult enough humor for adults, dumb enough humor for kids and not dirty enough humor for teens.

Like it's play it sooo safe that its not funny for anyone, the muppets 2012 film has a few jokes that are clearly for adults or kinda mean aimed at teens....but this show feels just like a CEO took the top headlines on twitter and made a show about them with no humor or perspective

I'm not even going to talk about the voices...more just the script.

Like who is this for? It's not really adult enough humor for adults, dumb enough humor for kids and not dirty enough humor for teens.

Like it's play it sooo safe that its not funny for anyone, the muppets 2012 film has a few jokes that are clearly for adults or kinda mean aimed at teens....but this show feels just like a CEO took the top headlines on twitter and made a show about them with no humor or perspective
I think this will hit with the7-12 demo if anything. I can definitely see it, but The Muppets are best as an all ages IP.

I think this will hit with the7-12 demo if anything. I can definitely see it, but The Muppets are best as an all ages IP.
Maybe but Ive seen some of the newer kids show....this isn't even close to many of those.

I feel this show will not get a second season

Maybe but Ive seen some of the newer kids show....this isn't even close to many of those.

I feel this show will not get a second season
There was supposed to be a "real" muppets scripted series on the service. It got cancelled got some reason and we're left with this bad three-part variety show which just comes off as a bad attempt at the Muppets trying to be hip.

There was supposed to be a "real" muppets scripted series on the service. It got cancelled got some reason and we're left with this bad three-part variety show which just comes off as a bad attempt at the Muppets trying to be hip.
I hope they can rework the Muppets to work but while I know others hated the last show before this which copied the office style show...it wasn't the best but got wayyyyy more laughs out of me and Celebrities seemed to be having fun and getting to be more real than this which seems to be both the Muppets sucking up to them and the Celebrity sucking up to the Muppets

I hope they can rework the Muppets to work but while I know others hated the last show before this which copied the office style show...it wasn't the best but got wayyyyy more laughs out of me and Celebrities seemed to be having fun and getting to be more real than this which seems to be both the Muppets sucking up to them and the Celebrity sucking up to the Muppets
The second half of that show's season I felt it got good, but everyone had already stopped watching by that point.

The second half of that show's season I felt it got good, but everyone had already stopped watching by that point.
I like the Office...and I like the Muppets so I never had an issue with it....people act like they were copying when the original Muppet show was also copying shows of that time as well.

So I never got the hate for it, it was funny and I liked Miss Piggy and Kermit not being together

I like the Office...and I like the Muppets so I never had an issue with it....people act like they were copying when the original Muppet show was also copying shows of that time as well.

So I never got the hate for it, it was funny and I liked Miss Piggy and Kermit not being together
I liked it, I just felt like it didn't truly find it's footing until the second half of the season which really hurt it. The Muppets are also an acquired taste. A lot of people will see them on TV and instantly turn the channel. They aren't for everyone and it's a very specific type of humor. I don't have much hope for the rest of Muppets Now, but I really want them to find someone who actually sounds like Kermit, because (pardon the pun) this new guy sounds like he has a frog in his throat.

Mulan to Disney+ for additional $30:

Also, updated subscriber numbers. Up from 54.5M on May 4th to 60.5M. That's actually fairly weak growth during a 3 month period where a lot of people were at home, if you ask me. And they dropped two AAA pieces of content in Hamilton and Black Is King (although i'm not sure if the BIK numbers are included here or not).

Clearly they want to drive more Disney+ subscriptions, but if they don't achieve that, they'd likely make more from letting the movie be available on the traditional PVOD outlets.

Clearly they want to drive more Disney+ subscriptions, but if they don't achieve that, they'd likely make more from letting the movie be available on the traditional PVOD outlets.
I think eventually it very well may go to traditional VOD, but they want to start out with it on Disney+, as you said, to drive subscriptions.

Reactions: belloq87
lol 30 bucks

Good Luck with that Disney
I don't know, my family's pretty on-board. They were pretty excited for this though, and I've personally been excited for this movie.

However, if this is successful, than Disney will be setting a bad precedent for future PVOD Blockbuster prices. 30 is unsustainable if each of your movies follows this model (imagine if Black Widow, Soul, and West Side Story all released with that price).

Obviously, in real terms, and depending on the size of your family, 30 dollars is a bargain, but it psychologically feels worse to pay a single large price for one movie versus smaller prices for multiple tickets.