Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

I'm gonna just share the disney + sub with a friend. If I have a family at some point I will probably buy myself. As someone who has gotten behind on the marvel universe it actually seems like I have to watch to much to get into it.

I feel dumb buying the 3 years for price of 2 deal but eh...still a good deal.
If you are a verizon customer you can still get the deal. Disney will probably extend to 4 years if you prepaid already. I signed up for monthly billing so I hope I get the verizon deal and they don't bill me for a year.

It’s frustrating that we’re less than a week from launch and there’s no sign of the app anywhere. I’d love to be able to download and create a Disney+ account now, because if everyone has to wait until next Tuesday to do it, then I see servers going down quickly.

It’s frustrating that we’re less than a week from launch and there’s no sign of the app anywhere. I’d love to be able to download and create a Disney+ account now, because if everyone has to wait until next Tuesday to do it, then I see servers going down quickly.

This right here. Its already been beta'd in certain parts of the world and searching online for the APK has yet to yield any results yet.

Apple+ made it fine unscathed. Considering everyone got it for free for a year with their iDevices, the initial reception was likely even bigger than Disney+ will be.

Then again, they're a tech company used to large rollouts and Disney's rollouts have been terrible so far. DisneyMoviesInsider.com being the most recent example; missed deadline by almost 2 weeks and still can't link to Movies Anywhere.

I was on the fence about whether to prepay for the discount or just go month to month, but Verizon just gave it to me free so it's all good!

Disney really wants to minimize the amount of people who sign up for their accounts in the app. Apple takes a 30% (ish) percent cut of the account fees when you sign up inside the app. I'm assuming Disney won't allow you to sign up inside the app to avoid paying the fee.

If so, releasing the app now would be pointless because the app could literally do nothing.

I think releasing the app would be a good idea. People could learn how to navigate around, set up favorites, watch trailers for whatever they choose to. Launching app on date of release seems challenging.