Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

Last thing from me...

I don’t know why, but I was under the impression that The Muppet Show (the original obviously) would be on here. Hopefully it gets added someday. A variety show like that would be extremely welcomed here. I know I’d watch the crap out of it.
Strongly doubt it due to musical clearances.

One thing I really dislike is the way they have the watchlist setup. I hate having to go to the side menu to see my watchlist, but the bigger pain, especially for a weekly TV series, is once you are all caught up, it removes said show from your list automatically.

So things like Mandalorian and the Goldblum show have been removed from my list simply because I watched the only episode out right now. I really hope they fix this.

One thing I really dislike is the way they have the watchlist setup. I hate having to go to the side menu to see my watchlist, but the bigger pain, especially for a weekly TV series, is once you are all caught up, it removes said show from your list automatically.

So things like Mandalorian and the Goldblum show have been removed from my list simply because I watched the only episode out right now. I really hope they fix this.

I hope they create a continue watching section on homepage like Netflix.

I feel like all the crashes, the Greedo debate, and the cropping was all a deliberate plan to distract us from the most jarring thing Disney+ has taught us: Santa knows how to get his bells jingled.

jokes aside, my family has verizon so we’ll probably get that year subscription soon. i’ll check it out when we’re set up!

Anyone else having a subtitle issue? Norwegian subtitled are appearing for me every now and then and I’ve looked all around, but I can’t find any way to fix it. Doesn’t help that the Disney+ phones are completely clogged up, either.

Considering we're seeing warnings with certain movies/programs that were made during a different time (and there was rumors of lots of censorship), one has to wonder if eventually, there will be a pathway to Song of the South ending up on here with a similar message. I'm not holding my breath nor am I expecting it, but it would be nice to have it available as long as there's a warning.

I know, wishful thinking....

Wow, there’s an amazing amount of content on Disney+. It’s amazing how much content has been unleashed in the past day.

I have to say, the app isn’t great. I’m sure there was all kinds of user experience testing, but doing simple actions is hard. Content isn’t discoverable enough (I wandered into finding Waking Sleeping Beauty on accident), there’s no easy way to resume content, the watch list is super hard to access. I could go on.

edit: turns out going to search->movies/shows gives you nice lists of the movies and shows. I definitely didn’t pick up on that the first couple times because the collections draw your eye. That’s some more less-than-ideal UI work

Wow, there’s an amazing amount of content on Disney+. It’s amazing how much content has been unleashed in the past day.

I have to say, the app isn’t great. I’m sure there was all kinds of user experience testing, but doing simple actions is hard. Content isn’t discoverable enough (I wandered into finding Waking Sleeping Beauty on accident), there’s no easy way to resume content, the watch list is super hard to access. I could go on.

edit: turns out going to search->movies/shows gives you nice lists of the movies and shows. I definitely didn’t pick up on that the first couple times because the collections draw your eye. That’s some more less-than-ideal UI work
Yeah, the collections are nice, but they do hide a lot of the content unless you outright search for it. Also the lack of your list being prominently displayed and, while not a necessarily a big deal, I hate that after watching an episode, there's nothing like on Netflix, Amazon or even Apple TV+ that shows that you've watched said episode. I could imagine that being a bit annoying if i'm watching 30 seasons of The Simpsons and there's nothing marking my place of where I last stopped.

a day in and my only complaint is there is no continue watching or auto next.

yes there is? We watched Ducktales and it automatically started the next episode. Possibly only works on certain shows?

The first time I booted the app on my LG TV, it froze within a few minutes. Just reset it, and it worked fine from there.

Jesus. After almost an entire day, I have finally been able to sign into Disney+. The source of my problem? My college's wifi combined with the faulty servers. If I want to watch anything on this site, I have to turn off my college's wifi and either use my LTE or my personal hotspot (depending on where I'm watching it).