Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

It had a live studio audience, even (if I remember correctly).

Yup. There were reports somewhat emphasizing that inspiration of I Love Lucy, tied in with the live studio audience for particular scenes throughout the show.

Thinking about it now, I am very curious to see how many MS shows are in the pipeline for 2021, especially if Wandavision is coming earlier than anticipated.

Wandavidison sounds weird af but I am so here for it. Supposedly ties DIRECTLY into Doctor Strange 2, where Loki to my knowledge more so just connects to the film. Wandavision will likely invovle her finding the multiverse if I had to guess. I’m so here for it

Wandavidison sounds weird af but I am so here for it. Supposedly ties DIRECTLY into Doctor Strange 2, where Loki to my knowledge more so just connects to the film. Wandavision will likely invovle her finding the multiverse if I had to guess. I’m so here for it
I think WandaVision is gonna really set up Wanda turning to a bit of a villain. This is a storyline in the comic this show is based on. And with Doctor Strange 2 having horror vibes...

I think WandaVision is gonna really set up Wanda turning to a bit of a villain. This is a storyline in the comic this show is based on. And with Doctor Strange 2 having horror vibes...
Hm that’d be interesting. Admittedly not as familiar with her comics. I’m excited for this show much more than I am F&WS honestly.

I do think WandaVision is going to be an interesting show to watch; especially as there are certain pieces that are coming to play for it that are either new or introduced (like Monica Rambeau for instance).

I'm very curious to see how 2021 is shaped; because if they are going to be as quick as they are seemingly going to be for the MCU in television, it could be possible that we get Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel extremely earlier than we anticipated.

I do think WandaVision is going to be an interesting show to watch; especially as there are certain pieces that are coming to play for it that are either new or introduced (like Monica Rambeau for instance).

I'm very curious to see how 2021 is shaped; because if they are going to be as quick as they are seemingly going to be for the MCU in television, it could be possible that we get Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel extremely earlier than we anticipated.
I think part of moving WandaVision up too is that there’s only two movies this year and previously only one D+ show. This adds a bit more to this year and takes away from next year feeling like an MCU avalanche.

I still have to wait one more year for my most anticipated Marvel series: "What If?", which is crazy that it's taking so long considering that it's animated. It sounds like it's going to be Marvel's version of "The Twilight Zone" and I can't wait for the first episode to drop.

I binge-watched all of the Phil of the Future episodes. That show is like a modern day Howdy Doody :)
I would love a Phil of the Future attraction in the parks :grin:

I still have to wait one more year for my most anticipated Marvel series: "What If?", which is crazy that it's taking so long considering that it's animated. It sounds like it's going to be Marvel's version of "The Twilight Zone" and I can't wait for the first episode to drop.
They have to work around the actors' schedules as well in order for to have them for voice over on the show. I imagine that's probably one of the toughest parts of putting this show together.

Phil of the Future is like a modern day Howdy Doody. Even the theme song is catchy and epic :D
Anyone else watch Phil of the Future? :)
I’d love to see a crossover of The 22nd Century Man and The Six Million Dollar Man

Didn’t see Aladdin or The Lion King due to critical mixed reception (Critics actually factor in for me when im on the fence about seeing a movie). I still want to see the movies though, so this is where Disney+ will have a lot of value with me outside of the Star Wars and Marvel shows.

Didn’t see Aladdin or The Lion King due to critical mixed reception (Critics actually factor in for me when im on the fence about seeing a movie). I still want to see the movies though, so this is where Disney+ will have a lot of value with me outside of the Star Wars and Marvel shows.
Saw Lion King, I’d say it’s a must see for the visuals. It hurts the movie, but it’s also so damn impressive and mesmerizing frankly. It didn’t make it work in terms of a musical but at the same time, it was fascinating. Will probably be a great watch for you on Disney +. Haven’t seen Aladdin or Dumbo though and I also plan to watch those.

It seems to be a licensing issue? Disney has said they won’t be rotating content in and out, so it seems weird that they would backtrack so quickly and with such a strange handful of titles. I tried to find the source in the article but it seems the tweets were deleted. Very strange.
Movies are already disappearing from Disney+ - The Verge
They said some of the launch titles would be rescinded after a few months due to licensing issues. I’d expect it to stop in a few months, and not occur again for a long while. It won’t be monthly at the very least, like Netflix is.

They said some of the launch titles would be rescinded after a few months due to licensing issues. I’d expect it to stop in a few months, and not occur again for a long while. It won’t be monthly at the very least, like Netflix is.
I actually saw a report that noted Black Panther will return to Netflix in 2026.

So it definitely looks like the “in perpetuity” selling point was only limited to pure Disney classics.

I actually saw a report that noted Black Panther will return to Netflix in 2026.

So it definitely looks like the “in perpetuity” selling point was only limited to pure Disney classics.
Endgame is supposed to be involved in that 2026 thing too. Lots of AAA titles are.

There's lot's of time between now and 2026 though and i'll be shocked if Disney actually lets these movies go back instead of paying Netflix to just end the agreement. I highly doubt Disney wants to lose all these movies to Netflix again.