Disney+ | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney+

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I guess i'm a little confused with what Disney+'s deal is with their inconsistencies regarding censorship. X-Men: Days of Future Past debuted on Disney+ this week and it debuted unedited with both the F-bomb in the film left in and a bare ass shot.

Now what i'm talking about when it comes to "inconsistencies", they used CGI to cover up a bare ass shot in "Splash" and they very notably edited out the 2 of the F-bombs in Hamilton just 10 days ago. This could be an example of Disney being slightly sexist (in a sense) and not treating men and women equally simply because Darryl Hannah is a woman, they see her bare ass as more attractive than Hugh Jackman's.

It's possible there's something contractual (i.e. Disney may not be allowed to alter a Fox production for their streaming service, even though they own the film).

But a certain amount of double standard would also not surprise.

In any case, I don't think they should be changing/editing anything in any film. If you're not comfortable putting the original, unaltered work up on Disney+, it probably doesn't belong on Disney+. OR make it clear that Disney+ will contain things that are not strictly family-friendly and embrace that.

Reactions: SpyderDan
Personally? I'd bet this was just an oversight and that we see an edited version soon.

But, this is a very bad look especially due to the increased scrutiny leftover from Hamilton and the Love, Victor fiasco. But, it makes you wonder how they caught the Splash bit, but not this bit.

Personally? I'd bet this was just an oversight and that we see an edited version soon.

But, this is a very bad look especially due to the increased scrutiny leftover from Hamilton and the Love, Victor fiasco. But, it makes you wonder how they caught the Splash bit, but not this bit.
It could very well be an oversight.

To bring a counter-point though, John Campea theorized that Disney found that spending money to go back into the movie too add CGI wasn't worth the PR issue it caused them, which I think is very possible. The X-Men movies I think can fit on Disney+. This is very minor stuff in the grand scheme of things and it's not like Disney+ doesn't offer parental controls.

I think Disney is learning very quickly that Disney+ is gonna have to get off the fence about just how family-friendly it wants to be vs having a wider-range of content for different ages. It's either stop editing every movie they add that may be inappropriate or don't put them on the service. But obviously at some point they will also want to justify a price increase.

Reactions: Clive and belloq87
I think Disney is learning very quickly that Disney+ is gonna have to get off the fence about just how family-friendly it wants to be vs having a wider-range of content for different ages. It's either stop editing every movie they add that may be inappropriate or don't put them on the service. But obviously at some point they will also want to justify a price increase.
I think they could probably already increase by a dollar at least, especially once the Marvel shows start hitting. The service is extremely cheap at only $7/month.

Reactions: belloq87
I think they could probably already increase by a dollar at least, especially once the Marvel shows start hitting. The service is extremely cheap at only $7/month.

Agreed but that still isn't much and they're clearly desperate for content. They put the atrocious and reviled Fantastic Four reboot on it lol.

Agreed but that still isn't much and they're clearly desperate for content. They put the atrocious and reviled Fantastic Four reboot on it lol.
I mean, yeah, but a I think they’re in the process of putting every Fox Marvel movie on (non-R).

Errrr not enough different kinda content or Original stuff. Maybe after Wanda but since we only have Mando as the only confirmed big show for this year...I think 7 bucks is where it should stay.

Errrr not enough different kinda content or Original stuff. Maybe after Wanda but since we only have Mando as the only confirmed big show for this year...I think 7 bucks is where it should stay.
Well yeah. At this point they have to wait in order to justify it. It sounds like we might get a trailer for Falcon & Winter Soldier along with a release date once the NBA starts up again on opening night. I'd say after Mandalorian (Season 2) and F&WS release, but before WandaVision (as this will have to be moved to 2021 i'm pretty sure) would be the ideal time to raise the price if i'm Disney.

Well yeah. At this point they have to wait in order to justify it. It sounds like we might get a trailer for Falcon & Winter Soldier along with a release date once the NBA starts up again on opening night. I'd say after Mandalorian (Season 2) and F&WS release, but before WandaVision (as this will have to be moved to 2021 i'm pretty sure) would be the ideal time to raise the price if i'm Disney.
Might be, for me anyway I'll only get the service when a new show hits...I get if your a family and want it year round but think everyone's best bet is to switch services. I got Netflix for a few shows then moved to Disney....and then will move to HBO and so on. Otherwise your just paying basically for cable again

Might be, for me anyway I'll only get the service when a new show hits...I get if your a family and want it year round but think everyone's best bet is to switch services. I got Netflix for a few shows then moved to Disney....and then will move to HBO and so on. Otherwise your just paying basically for cable again
Yup.

Right now i'm rewatching all of Fresh Prince on HBO Max and watching through Westworld, but after that i'm cancelling my subscription for a bit since I don't feel like it's worth paying $15/month. But $15 every now and then isn't so bad.

This looks solid. Don Hahn rarely disappoints.

The One and Only Ivan comes out on Disney+ the same day (along with catalog titles like The Greatest Showman and Ant-Man and the Wasp), so they are definitely trying to bury Magic Camp since Tambor is tied to it.

Falcon and Winter Solider got pushed back, no new date but I doubt it makes this year because from what I saw they have to film in two different locations still.

At least Mando Season 2 should be on time because of how they film it and wish all things were filmed like it..lol

Falcon and Winter Solider got pushed back, no new date but I doubt it makes this year because from what I saw they have to film in two different locations still.

At least Mando Season 2 should be on time because of how they film it and wish all things were filmed like it..lol
Mandalorian will be ready. They finished shooting before everything stopped and were in post-production, which can be done from home.

Mandalorian will be ready. They finished shooting before everything stopped and were in post-production, which can be done from home.
Yeah which is why I said it should be on time and also why I hope more shows and movies get made like this because it's just easier to get the filming done that flying around to locations,

The fact a 6 episode show didn't finish shooting before Mando even though Mando season 2 was coming out 3 months later makes me wish they could have somehow done the the last scenes in a digital studio.

Both added to my watchlist.

I'd love it if Disney added some of the old "grand opening" TV specials for EPCOT Center and Disney-MGM Studios. Sure, they're all on YouTube, but I'd imagine Disney has them in much better quality in their vault.