Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

I've theorized this would happen at some point and with the rumors of an R-rated section coming to Disney+, this just makes sense. Hulu has 35M subs on top of Disney+'s 74M and ESPN+ also has 10M that could be folded in. That would bring Disney+ to somewhere around 120M subs combined if they chose to do the obvious and combine all three of those. I'd watch the hell out of some of the ESPN content too. Their 30 for 30's are worth it alone.
You're assuming each one of those subs doesn't sub to any of the other services. I would bet that at least half of the Hulu subscribers are Disney plug.

You're assuming each one of those subs doesn't sub to any of the other services. I would bet that at least half of the Hulu subscribers are Disney plug.
Obviously there’s overlap or people using the Disney bundle. But if Disney+ is going to have a R-rated section, Hulu makes perfect sense to use.

The merging of the two can only be a positive for Disney+ long term as it offers more for everyone. By adding in Hulu content to Disney+, that means you are adding more mature content and reaching beyond the Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar crowd.

If Disney+ and Hulu are merging...then I’m going to go on a limb and say that the leaked video and release dates are accurate for international subscribers, which means the MCU release dates might be accurate for worldwide distribution since the MCU usually go day and date globally. Could be wrong - but it makes sense to me. Just sucks we might wait until August for Falcon.

Watched the Star Wars Life Day Special. Like Its good for kids and kinda fun, I won't hate on it. Do I wish it was as funny as Robot Chicken or Family Guy's Special's Yes..but for what it is, it is not bad. You want some Star Wars to watch that you haven't seen before it then its 40 mins of that.

Disney announced they already reached their initial 2024 subscriber goal of 60-90M with 86.8M now after just launching in Latin America. They launch in Singapore on February 23rd.

Their new subscriber goals are 230-260M by 2024, a rapid increase from those initial (albeit conservative) estimates. That 230-260M goal is something that Amazon and Netflix still have yet to hit.

By 2024 they will have more shows...but the fact that basically Mando along the old library shows just how much people like Disney and the price is right

Anyone notice Fennic Shan in The Bad Batch trailer? I’ve also heard with the show taking place during Order 66, we’ll see how Grogu escaped alive.

By 2024 they will have more shows...but the fact that basically Mando along the old library shows just how much people like Disney and the price is right
The price in the US also increased $1 to $7.99.

So how would that work? I got a one-year subscription in July. Is Disney really going to try to bill me for $4 come the end of next March?
We're on the internet, let's be smart about this and try to look it up :lol:

Here's a little on it:
- Price goes up from $6.99 to $7.99/month on March 26th, 2021
- Disney Bundle Price increases from $12.99 to $13.99
- Disney Bundle with no ads increases from $17.99 to $18.99
- Yearly subscription cost increases from $69.99 to $79.99

I couldn't find anything on if price goes up for those already subscribed, but since it's not saying otherwise, I'm assuming yes (once you have to re-up).

New episodes of the surprise joy of a show Earth to Ned are coming January 1st.

If you guys haven't seen the show, it's got a quirky, dry sense of humor, great puppetry, and an undeniable charm about it. The show was surprisingly listed among the LA Times' Top 10 best shows of 2020 as well.

Watched Taylor Swift Folklore Behind the Scenes Video, its basically a recording of all the songs and little talks in between talking about each song. If you like the Album you should like that, no clue how in anyway its Disney but cool for "free"

Also TS new Album is good but...i don't find most the songs as good as Folklore.

Watched Taylor Swift Folklore Behind the Scenes Video, its basically a recording of all the songs and little talks in between talking about each song. If you like the Album you should like that, no clue how in anyway its Disney but cool for "free"

Also TS new Album is good but...i don't find most the songs as good as Folklore.
Hamilton isn't Disney either. For Disney+ to have longterm success, they will need AAA content that isn't just Star Wars or Marvel. If Disney+ didn't scoop Taylor up, she would've gone to Netflix or Amazon Prime. Plus, Taylor Swift fans are extremely passionate, so Disney probably was betting she was a good investment for them. Concert films are important for any streamer. The Beyonce visual album Black Is King filled that need as well.

As someone who likes Folklore (first Swift album I had liked probably since 1989 and overall, my favorite of hers), I enjoy that I can just put that on whenever I want, be it going to sleep or whatever. The replay value on that is high for those that enjoy the album.

Hamilton isn't Disney either. For Disney+ to have longterm success, they will need content that isn't just Star Wars or Marvel. If Disney+ didn't scoop Taylor up, she would've gone to Netflix or Amazon Prime. Plus, Taylor Swift fans are extremely passionate, so Disney probably was betting she was a good investment for them. Concert films are important for any streamer. The Beyonce visual album Black Is King filled that need as well.

As someone who likes Folklore, I enjoy that I can just put that on whenever I want, be it going to sleep or whatever. The replay value on that is high for those that enjoy the album.
Like I said before its free...so can't complain. Hamilton is a fantasy musical based on the past some Disney has done before ;) but I get what you mean it is nice as well to have some other kinda content as my one friend said its Disney how different is really one thing from another emotionally which I get Disney has boundaries which is why Girl Meets World didn't work as well as it could have or why we didn't get a sequel to Lizzie mcguire might not happen.

Though as I've said before its funny how some topics are Taboo but in Rebels or Clone Wars (rated G) you can cut people's heads off thats ok...kids can see that. lol

New Marvel show starting January 8th. Seems to be a recap show to catch people up before each new Marvel series since the first two episodes are on Wanda and Vision and dropping the week before WandaVision debuts. I suspect we'll get a new batch of these episodes for Sam/Falcon and Bucky/The Winter Soldier, one on Black Widow, one on Loki, etc, etc.

It's sort of a way to make the MCU a little more accessible to the casual viewer, I guess.

New episodes of the surprise joy of a show Earth to Ned are coming January 1st.

If you guys haven't seen the show, it's got a quirky, dry sense of humor, great puppetry, and an undeniable charm about it. The show was surprisingly listed among the LA Times' Top 10 best shows of 2020 as well.
YES

So I’m taking this with Incredible grains of salt since there is no reputable sites reporting this, but there are rumors of a Firefly and potentially Buffy reboot going around for Disney+. I wouldn’t get my hopes up though.

So I’m taking this with Incredible grains of salt since there is no reputable sites reporting this, but there are rumors of a Firefly and potentially Buffy reboot going around for Disney+. I wouldn’t get my hopes up though.

Universal Owns firefly rights not Fox...so that is not in the least bit true.