1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Disney Studios Paris €2bn Overhaul

Discussion in 'Worldwide Disney Parks' started by Joe, Feb 27, 2018.

1. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

Ya, I just think that, considering how important New York is to the Marvel brand, that at least one of these lands would be set in Marvel's New York. It just seems odd.

Andysol, belloq87 and Nick like this.
  2. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

That makes to much sense. But, this is Disney that we’re talking about.

3. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    This is true, but I don't think many in the audience sat there thinking, "Wow, I really want to visit that place! I just love industrial warehouses and hangars!"

Stark/Avengers Tower would have been a more memorable focal point.

Nick and Andysol like this.
  4. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Adding onto things..Art of Animation will close on January 7th.

5. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

This x1000.

New York with a Stark Tower. Is it really that complicated? With New York you get better thematically appropriate shopping and dining venues as well.

What do you get here? A warehouse burger? Overstock warehouse clothing? It's lazy.

belloq87 likes this.
  6. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

Honestly, I think New York isn't exactly the only place that makes sense for Marvel Land in the sense of theming.

Ironically enough, it fits in quite well with DCA, because of the Solo Films having connections with the state of California (Pym Tech/Wakanda = San Francisco/Oakland, Stark Industries/Captain Marvel = Los Angeles).

I think New York would've actually made quite a bit of sense for a place like WDS. And to be real, I don't think it would've affected anything for the "story" that they seem to be going at.

That said, the only major things that do have relevancy with New York and Marvel, is the Avengers HQ (Which is off-site in the outer area's of the NY State); the NY branch of the Mystic Art's; and the former Avenger's/Stark Tower (along with Spider-Man being all around NY).

Does that mean New York may get more in the future, due in part to F4 and X-Men? Probably, but they are more than likely looking to the area's that have had the most in the context of the MCU for now.

As far as Hong Kong goes..it screams more to me that they are going with the Worlds Expo/Stark Expo style for that than any of the others.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    LintemuthStudios likes this.
  7. Avvie Cunnington

Avvie Cunnington Premium Member

8. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

So the public documents basically confirm RotR is going to be the Star Wars ride, not Smuggler's Run.

9. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

So will they not have Black Spire Outpost? Or will it exist just without the show building for Smuggler’s Run

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

It will be a REALLY scaled down version. I'd struggle to even call it a land. There will be room to expand and add Black Spire and a second ride should they choose, but really it looks like they're just adding Oga's, probably Savi's and Droid factory, and RotR.

The below graphic is of their expansion. The area on the far right of the lagoon with the rectangular shaped show building is SW. That's the same shape as RotR. Smuggler's Run showbuilding has a curvature built into it. Sort of two rectangles connected.

[​IMG]

leavesonthelawn likes this.
  11. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

Someone posted a 3D model of the Spider-Man ride on Disney Central Plaza. Looks legit and matches the previous layout plans. Bare in mind this is just a planning doc and the real building will have textures/materials, colors and signage not shown here.
    upload_2019-7-6_17-24-9.png