Disney Adventure World Overhaul | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It desperately needs it. DLP have had the shitty end of the stick since it’s inception and they wonder why it’s been a failure. This is a giant leap in the right direction and I hope it works for the resort.

Agree with you Scott, even the expansions announced could be deemed as small change when you consider a 3rd park should have been in the works by now, as per the original deal. Buy hey, Im not going to complain at 2bn investment,

Reactions: Scott W.
Agree with you Scott, even the expansions announced could be deemed as small change when you consider a 3rd park should have been in the works by now, as per the original deal. Buy hey, Im not going to complain at 2bn investment,

Building a third park when the existing two are lackluster (Sorry not sorry) would be a massive blunder.

I expect this is going to make WDS quite a fine park once these plans come to fruition. Which is good. It's long been the also-ran of Disney's parks roster, so I'm glad it's getting some love.

Reactions: Scott W.
Building a third park when the existing two are lackluster (Sorry not sorry) would be a massive blunder.

I agree, the resort needs a lot of work. The massive investment is definitely a better option for the guest. Cheaper tickets and less time needed at the parks for what would be basically be a similar experience.

Agree here too, although the Disneyland Parc is pretty decent.

As for my comment I was just pointing out the lack of investment from that suggested when the deal was struck, but hey better late then never :)

Reactions: JungleSkip
Now that Disney have taken complete control let’s hope it’s not just new investment but big changes as well.
The biggest problem with DLP is its location, it should never have been built in France, too poor a climate and surly staff. Hopefully they’ll stop ruining all the shows by insisting on having the characters speak in French even in the English versions of the shows.
BTW if WDW don’t clone “Mickey & the Magician” to the other parks then they are really missing a chance. Great show (even if half in French lol)

Reactions: Mad Dog
Huge upgrade for this park that desperately needs it. Looking at the concept at, the Frozen area looks stunning from afar, but I hope they are going with the planned LPS ride Tokyo was meant to get and not Frozen Ever After (FEA is being cloned to HKDL as a part of their expansion).

Frozen looks great, but it’s funny people put down Marvel at IOA and say Disney would do so much better and this is literally just buildings.

Reactions: Andysol
Looking at that frozen area kind of sad.l they shoehorned it to Epcot. I’m not a frozen fan, but that is so much better looking.

• Pandora not cloned. Probably never will despite whatever anyone says about “success”.
Quick hit on this:

You're right it'll likely never be cloned and if it does end up cloned, it'll likely be because the Avatar sequels did extremely well in China again. However, don't rule out Flight of Passage being built on it's own somewhere (one rumor i've heard) and almost certainly expect the ride system to appear elsewhere. WDI really wants to clone it.