Disney Adventure World Overhaul | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Adventure World Overhaul

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The concept art for the Frozen area seem to be at least a little inspired (in terms of layout) by the never-built Switzerland pavilion in Epcot...

walt-disney-studios-expansion-concept-art-frozen.jpg

IMG_5031-X2.jpg

Or just figure better engineering so the theaters don't overheat. If that wasn't happening, capacity wouldn't be near as bad. Still not great, but much better.
Yeah, that would help. Plus, it seems that loading gets problematic, and time consuming, when there's too many weighty people. ...Heh, I recall back when there were originally rumors of that overheating, one of the gentlemen who worked on the ride's construction kept posting here, in relation to the over heating rumors, saying that was nonsense and that it was just a temporary glitch. Well, nine months later....and I can't recall him posting anymore.

Reactions: Nick
So what is currently in the area of where the giant lagoon will be going? Lights, Motors, Action?

They're also getting rid of the tram tour following this, so it's not surprising.
Good. There's literally NEVER been production at WDSP, all the soundstages have never been used for anything but rides. The tram tour always seemed to be a giant waste of space, just like it was at DHS once production stopped.

All I'll say is that I wondered when someone would link his dump of relaying the news.

Good. There's literally NEVER been production at WDSP, all the soundstages have never been used for anything but rides. The tram tour always seemed to be a giant waste of space, just like it was at DHS once production stopped.

Looking at the expansion, it looks like they may also be using some of the unused expansion space for the new lands. If that's the case, that's great news, alongside using an attraction that doesn't make sense for WDSP.

Does make me curious for the plot of Catastrophe Canyon though.

Reactions: Andysol
All I'll say is that I wondered when someone would link his dump of relaying the news.
He's exactly the type of thing that is wrong with the theme park community of 2018. I'll even go as far as to say this particular person is cancerous to the Disney/Universal (he run a Universal Youtube channel too) fanbases. He has absolutely no inside info and just randomly throws crap to the wall once he hears it because he knows it'll get clicks. And he has so many really devoted followers who think HE is the one who actually knows all of this stuff.

Looking at the expansion, it looks like they may also be using some of the unused expansion space for the new lands. If that's the case, that's great news, alongside using an attraction that doesn't make sense for WDSP.

Does make me curious for the plot of Catastrophe Canyon though.
Yup, overall, this looks good, although the Marvel section is underwhelming at best and also confusing. It's right next to ToT and yet, even with them supposedly wanting to get ride of the TZ theme, they aren't changing it to GotG.

I wonder if one of they will clone the marquee Avengers ride going into HKDL for this area.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Quick opinions and points:
  • Awkward park layout
  • Seems it will be their DCA/DHS if you catch my drift
  • The layout kinda looks like the millennium falcon (it’s on the ground facing towards the entrance)
  • ToT will definetely get the GotG refurb to go with the new Avengers land. Right?
  • That lake is almost obnoxiously large
  • That frozen mountain may be the new icon
  • Frozen gonna be a bit alone all the way back there
  • Star Wars seems to be much smaller than DL or DHS
  • This parks identity (if it ever really had one) is officially gone

Quick opinions and points:
  • This parks identity (if it ever really had one) is officially gone
I actually think it's much more focused now. They seem to have finally given up on the whole "This is a studios park and come look at a fake backlot!". Cinemagique closed last year as well. The park is very clearly the DHS/DCA as you pointed out. The direction at all of these types of parks has been a mess for most of their existence, but it can't get any better if they don't make additions like this.

Honestly, I prefer the "explore Hollywood, than the worlds Hollywood created" theme of post-overhaul DHS and post-overhaul WDSP much better than whatever post-Mission Breakout/Pixar Pier DCA is supposed to be. And the worst part is, DCA actually HAD a functional identity after it's original overhaul... but they messed up.

Something I think is fair to say, is that the concept given today was and isn't probably the final.

We will see change and evolution as the years go on, so I am giving them more of a pass on what we are seeing for right now, as I think we'll get knowing more of what is en-store by next year in D23, alongside the Orlando 50th information.

Something I think is fair to say, is that the concept given today was and isn't probably the final.

We will see change and evolution as the years go on, so I am giving them more of a pass on what we are seeing for right now, as I think we'll get knowing more of what is en-store by next year in D23, alongside the Orlando 50th information.
Yeah, I think this was concept art was probably just thrown together to give an idea of what they are aiming for with the park. Clearly what they are aiming for is giving Major brands like Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen a platform at their WDSP park and also adding an area where they will be able to do a nighttime show with that lagoon.

D23 next year should definitely hold more concrete information.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yeah, I think this was concept art was probably just thrown together to give an idea of what they are aiming for with the park. Clearly what they are aiming for is giving Major brands like Star Wars, Marvel and Frozen a platform at their WDSP park and also adding an area where they will be able to do a nighttime show with that lagoon.

D23 next year should definitely hold more concrete information.

When it comes to the immediate, I think we'll get word of Tower of Terror as soon as May if that and DHS is getting stripped of the Twilight Zone theming, but outside out that; the best bet is D23.

All of this I am willing to bet, will be finished by the Summer 2024 Paris Olympics, similar to what's being done right now in Tokyo for preparation for the Summer 2020 Tokyo Olympics and with Disney and Universal gearing up for that year.

But unlike TDR, Paris is owned by TWDC, and that the main work is beginning soon with the RNRC re-theme scheduled for 2020 in Paris.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts