Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

No, not taking tickets. The big problem is that it’s often cheaper to book a package with a TO than to just get a Disney hotel in DLP. Same with WDW, you can often get a package with TC or TUI for less than just the hotel with Disney if you can book late. Last year there were sub £600 deals, sub £400 staying in LBV, (usually at the clarion)

Just to show it’s possible there’s a current TC deal. 1 week Rosen’s pointe on i-drive for £449 pp, 2 people and you get another £150 off. Which takes it down to £750 for two people, or £375 each. I did try screenshooting one but it won’t let me upload lol

Just checked and all star is available for 624 pp and you also get 150 off per couple on that one.

Last edited:
You can't compare Apples to Oranges. Comparing a stay at a Rosen Inn is completely different to Comparing a DLP hotel.

Like @scott_walker said, in Orlando you're not taking into account tickets (£800 for 7 days Disney alone, plus Universal/Seaworld/BGT ), car hire/transfers/parking etc etc.

If you search for DLP deals as well as you have WDW you can get bargains. We did 2 Adults, Monday to Friday at Newport Bay, Direct Eurostar, full board, with tickets, and hotel at Ebbsfleet the night before for £1500 all in. And that included the Dog Sitter for the week @ £200!

If you look I DID compare a Disney hotel. £550 incl flights & transfers paired with tickets for extra 350 from floridaescapes you’re looking at 900 all in. The Cheyenne for the same week is just under £800 each without flights or transfers.

Sorry if its already been discussed but everyone seems to be saying Alien Swirling Saucers will be added to the Toy Story area. Does anyone else think its a bit strange when Cars Quatre Roues Rallye is pretty much the same ride round the corner?

Sorry if its already been discussed but everyone seems to be saying Alien Swirling Saucers will be added to the Toy Story area. Does anyone else think its a bit strange when Cars Quatre Roues Rallye is pretty much the same ride round the corner?

Yes I think the same.
2 possibles I think:
1) They plan to remove Cars at some point and replace with this in Toy Story Playland.
2) The artwork is just showing an additional ride in Toy Story land and it could end up being something totally different such as Midway mania or something new.

I think we will see quite a change once we see 'actual' artwork. rather than just a beautiful concept picture.

1519740394_Disneyland_Paris_Expansion_Announcement.jpg

On the right of Frozen it looks to be a parade route and maybe an expansion pad ?

Sounds great and I look forward to these new additions in what is currently the most lacklustre Disney park I've been to.

With them putting so much stock into Frozen it has me scratching my head as to why this IP got such a small footprint at WDW when they have more space then any of the resorts :crazy:.

Not still bitter about Norway, honest :grumble:.

DLP's Phantom Manor is also getting it's Vincent Price VO back as well, they have gone back found all the original recordings cleaned them up and will be added once PM comes out of refurb.

I think that they either haven't made up their mind what will be in that space to the right (past Pixar) or they want to keep it secret for now.

Still not sold on the main street 'gardens' idea, not really sure that has worked in Shanghai.

On a seperate note D&M are reporting the main park could finally get Indiana Jones Adventure - I do hope this comes true!

<!--Can't find substitution for tag [blog.Disneyandmore]-->

The pics coming out of DLP's Fandaze look great. And I so wish I could have made it to Electroland but my friend's wedding in the same weekend in Europe. Interesting that they're getting these cool events that aren't making it to any of the other resorts.

1519740394_Disneyland_Paris_Expansion_Announcement.jpg

On the right of Frozen it looks to be a parade route and maybe an expansion pad ?

Yes expansion and the backlot tour will still occupy the right. It's the antithesis of DHS redo, which involved a lot of things being replaced. This will only involve the loss of LMA and replacement of Rocking Roller Coaster. Otherwise expansion.

I liked Armageddon. :lol: Why does everyone hate special effects attractions? They usually take up no space and hurt no one.

I liked Armageddon. :lol: Why does everyone hate special effects attractions? They usually take up no space and hurt no one.

As a Backdraft/Lights, Camera, Action Fan, it's more in that it benefits Disney more to use that space for something that can be more popular than a dated disaster film.