Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

As a Backdraft/Lights, Camera, Action Fan, it's more in that it benefits Disney more to use that space for something that can be more popular than a dated disaster film.

That argument can be made about any attraction anywhere. But a good attraction is a good attraction. Plus, what can that space honestly be used for... a queue for something else?

A fair amount of info came out yesterday regarding this

Will cover 31 hectares (76.6 acres):
12 hectares (29.6 acres) for a lake (plus shops/restaurants and two new lands (Frozen and Star Wars)
8 hectares (19.7 acres) for backstage buildings
11 hectares (27.1 acres) for construction

€2 Billion looks like its split:
€1.5 Billion for Walt Disney Studios Expansion (€500 Million for buildings and €1 Billion for attractions/lands)

Which means €500 Million spare? Maybe for updates to Disneyland Park

Link to full report (French)

Link to planning site (French)

Official site for news regarding the construction

Last edited:
So a lake and two e-tickets for €1.5 Billion?
For that cash I'd expect a fullfledged star wars land, not just one ride and a shop!

So a lake and two e-tickets for €1.5 Billion?
For that cash I'd expect a fullfledged star wars land, not just one ride and a shop!

Not to mention a 7 YEAR development time. That's ridiculous for what are going to be copy rides and only two at that.

People are presuming just one ride per land but nothing is confirmed. It also includes redevelopment of the current back lot area and potentially more rides to the mini Pixar Lands

People are presuming just one ride per land but nothing is confirmed. It also includes redevelopment of the current back lot area and potentially more rides to the mini Pixar Lands

You can see, not just from the recent plans but previous and artwork, that Star Wars will be significantly smaller than what Orlando and LA are getting.

You can see, not just from the recent plans but previous and artwork, that Star Wars will be significantly smaller than what Orlando and LA are getting.

Yer of course, but I think each full Star Wars land costs $1 Billion, so $1.5 billion for two mini lands, a lake with shops and restaurants and a complete re-theme of an existing land seems reasonable to me (well reasonable in WDI pricing not the real world obvs)

DuD42RmWkAAgKcE.jpg

Concept Art for the Paris version has officially been unveiled.

H

Horrible, what a waste.

Considering what's there..I'd disagree.

To Elaborate: Why should Armageddon be something that makes sense for a Disney Park? Furthermore, the changes that this could bring, may allow things to be more unified and cohesive. Not to mention, it gives love and attention to an area of the park that is lacking substance. And with the Spider-Man (which I assume is a clone of the DCA attraction) and the Iron Man overhaul on RnRC, it'd update the attractions to be better than what they are now.

Last edited:
Considering what's there..I'd disagree.

To Elaborate: Why should Armageddon be something that makes sense for a Disney Park? Furthermore, the changes that this could bring, may allow things to be more unified and cohesive. Not to mention, it gives love and attention to an area of the park that is lacking substance. And with the Spider-Man (which I assume is a clone of the DCA attraction) and the Iron Man overhaul on RnRC, it'd update the attractions to be better than what they are now.
Land of dirt looks more appealing

I really don't like the look they're going for with these Marvel lands. I have hope the attractions will be cool, but I don't like the industrial vibe.
I think it more or less just looks like what an all-Marvel Tomorrowland would look like. I don't love it and I don't hate it. As long as the attractions are good i'll be fine with it.

But to be fair, the Avengers facility in the MCU is very industrial.