Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

I think it more or less just looks like what an all-Marvel Tomorrowland would look like. I don't love it and I don't hate it. As long as the attractions are good i'll be fine with it.

But to be fair, the Avengers facility in the MCU is very industrial.

Ya, I just think that, considering how important New York is to the Marvel brand, that at least one of these lands would be set in Marvel's New York. It just seems odd.

Ya, I just think that, considering how important New York is to the Marvel brand, that at least one of these lands would be set in Marvel's New York. It just seems odd.

This is true, but I don't think many in the audience sat there thinking, "Wow, I really want to visit that place! I just love industrial warehouses and hangars!"

Stark/Avengers Tower would have been a more memorable focal point.

This x1000.

New York with a Stark Tower. Is it really that complicated? With New York you get better thematically appropriate shopping and dining venues as well.

What do you get here? A warehouse burger? Overstock warehouse clothing? It's lazy.

Honestly, I think New York isn't exactly the only place that makes sense for Marvel Land in the sense of theming.

Ironically enough, it fits in quite well with DCA, because of the Solo Films having connections with the state of California (Pym Tech/Wakanda = San Francisco/Oakland, Stark Industries/Captain Marvel = Los Angeles).

I think New York would've actually made quite a bit of sense for a place like WDS. And to be real, I don't think it would've affected anything for the "story" that they seem to be going at.

That said, the only major things that do have relevancy with New York and Marvel, is the Avengers HQ (Which is off-site in the outer area's of the NY State); the NY branch of the Mystic Art's; and the former Avenger's/Stark Tower (along with Spider-Man being all around NY).

Does that mean New York may get more in the future, due in part to F4 and X-Men? Probably, but they are more than likely looking to the area's that have had the most in the context of the MCU for now.

As far as Hong Kong goes..it screams more to me that they are going with the Worlds Expo/Stark Expo style for that than any of the others.

Last edited:
So will they not have Black Spire Outpost? Or will it exist just without the show building for Smuggler’s Run
It will be a REALLY scaled down version. I'd struggle to even call it a land. There will be room to expand and add Black Spire and a second ride should they choose, but really it looks like they're just adding Oga's, probably Savi's and Droid factory, and RotR.

The below graphic is of their expansion. The area on the far right of the lagoon with the rectangular shaped show building is SW. That's the same shape as RotR. Smuggler's Run showbuilding has a curvature built into it. Sort of two rectangles connected.

D8SnBStXoAAp3M9.jpg:large

We'll have to watch that refresh closely for potential clues pointing towards what might happen at Hollywood Studios.

On the surface, it seems like a positive development.

I'm kind of hyped to get to see the tour and the stunt show in a few weeks in old school Hollywood studios. It sucks to not be able to ride RNRC tho. Paris just doesn't have enough rides between the two parks yet to close major attractions and not feel the sting.

I loved their RNRC! Such a cool version. Hope the new layover is a major upgrade, although I don't know how it would lend itself to seeing anything substantial at those speeds. I'm thinking another Incredicoaster situation here unless there's some real work put in.

New expansion artwork from the DLP expo - looks good - better than I had been expecting from plans seen so far...

Plus TOT news:

Wow, that stuff looks cool. Just hope it actually lives up to the renderings and actually makes the Studio park worth visiting.