Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Walt Disney Studios Park €2bn Overhaul

That Avengers art looks more dynamic and interesting than the version California Adventure is getting.

Also, I'm intrigued by the Tower of Terror updates, and heartened that it's not losing the Twilight Zone connection.

New expansion artwork from the DLP expo - looks good - better than I had been expecting from plans seen so far...

Plus TOT news:

Frozen Land looks like a knock off Hogsmeade. Also, are they building that mountain in the background or is it an artist rendering.

From the Disney+ Imagineering story, shame it's not the finished model but it's already looking impressive. Full HK land map in the background.
DesignProcess-13.jpg
Credit: Themeparx

With the close proximity to Avengers Campus, it's really amazing that TOT didn't get turned into Mission: Breakout. Especially because I think the DCA and WDSP versions of TOT were exact clones, meaning a GOTG:MB overlay would've been fairly easy.

With the close proximity to Avengers Campus, it's really amazing that TOT didn't get turned into Mission: Breakout. Especially because I think the DCA and WDSP versions of TOT were exact clones, meaning a GOTG:MB overlay would've been fairly easy.

Rumor has it that it still might at some point. However that was before the inevitable post C19 budget cuts. :shrug:

Hmmm I thought these lands were all going to be unique and offer unique experiences? This is basically DCA, but with Rock n Rollercoaster retheme rather than a (supposed) phase 2 addition in DCA?

It feels like everything in this parks expansion will be welcome, but still very half arsed, all in all.

Hmmm I thought these lands were all going to be unique and offer unique experiences? This is basically DCA, but with Rock n Rollercoaster retheme rather than a (supposed) phase 2 addition in DCA?

It feels like everything in this parks expansion will be welcome, but still very half arsed, all in all.

I think you just answered your own question. It will be unique because it has an Iron Man coaster in addition to Spiderman.

There was talk of the stunt show being replaced by the Avengers E Ticket (at the time a clone of what Hong Kong is getting) but I would guess that will hinge on park performance once they complete Frozen and Star Wars.

It does feel like Disney are spending an awful lot of money on Paris for what feels like a lot of clones (which you would think would keep the costs down)

Concrete must be as expensive as Gold in France.

I think you just answered your own question. It will be unique because it has an Iron Man coaster in addition to Spiderman.

There was talk of the stunt show being replaced by the Avengers E Ticket (at the time a clone of what Hong Kong is getting) but I would guess that will hinge on park performance once they complete Frozen and Star Wars.

It does feel like Disney are spending an awful lot of money on Paris for what feels like a lot of clones (which you would think would keep the costs down)

Concrete must be as expensive as Gold in France.

I suppose 99.99% of Paris visitors won’t visit California, but for us 0.01% (from the UK) that are fans, I’d love to see Paris get experiences that I can’t get elsewhere.

I love the quirkiness of different versions of rides in all the parks, but Paris is just becoming clone city, after the initial stunning design and build of the original park.