1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Disney Studios Paris - Avengers Rollercoaster

Discussion in 'Worldwide Disney Parks' started by randompixel, Feb 12, 2018.

1. randompixel

randompixel Rookie

[​IMG]
    Rock ā€˜nā€™ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation | Disney Parks Blog

:shrug:

The Paris RnRC was the superior one IMO. The new queue might be cool, but not sure what they can do inside that track layout that would make this an improvement.

2. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I can't help but laugh at these announcements after all the talk from die hard Disney fans who demand that WDW get Marvel because Universal don't deserve the IP.

GadgetGuru likes this.
  3. randompixel

randompixel Rookie

"Tony Stark has sent you a high tech limo to take you to his expo after-party. See cardboard cutouts of the avengers and projections on the ceiling along the way"... :p

4. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Ugh.

My first thought when I hear about an Avengers ride is "Awesome!". But then you hear it's just an overlay of RNRC and it's just like... why? If you're gonna make an Avengers ride, do it right.

5. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

:lol:

6. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

A truly big announcement would've been that they're expanding the park and building Galaxy's Edge in WDSP and also doing a Marvel land, similar to that of the one planned for DCA (and revealing parts of that). WDSP is borderline skippable right now outside of Rat and Crush's Coaster, but announce something like that and all of a sudden it breaths new life into a dying park.

Instead, they're simply doing an overlay.

jtsalien and UNIrd like this.
  7. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more overlays vs new attractions because Disney's failure to budget appropriately means it'll cost them just as much to do an overlay as it would someone else to build from scratch. And the Walt Disney Studios Park is still in need of additions, not a ride being down for a year or so for this upgrade.

The only thing that sucks is I find Paris' RNRC to be the better of the two Aerosmith attractions but alas.