Disney Swan Hotel? | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Swan Hotel?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 20, 2013
Winter Park, FL
What's it like? I'm heading there for BETA convention this year and wanted to know if it was similar to the Dolphin, which is where we stayed last year and it was really fun and nice. I heard the Swan was nicer and more expensive.

Kimono's is a really cool sushi/karaoke bar if your into that sort of thing and you can't beat the proximity to the Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach.

No difference decor wise think of the Swan and Dolphin as one large resort with 2 separate buildings. The rooms have a slightly different configuration but that's about it. They share pools and restaurants between both buildings.

Have a good time

Kimono's is a really cool sushi/karaoke bar if your into that sort of thing and you can't beat the proximity to the Boardwalk and Yacht & Beach.

No difference decor wise think of the Swan and Dolphin as one large resort with 2 separate buildings. The rooms have a slightly different configuration but that's about it. They share pools and restaurants between both buildings.

Have a good time

Thanks! I'm going in December. we did the Boardwalk last year and It was awesome. We ate at the ESPN Sports Grill, the first night. It was fun. We were originally going to visit one of the parks last year but the Principal said no to that, since we would be gone so long. I can't miss 4 days of school, and we cant do that this year either, which really sucks.

Swan and Dolphin are one resort and two buildings with the Swan having slightly nicer rooms. The Swan is a Westin and Dolphin is Sheraton.

The Swan rooms have nicer bedding as well as a better bathroom. Swan rates average about $20/night more than the Dolphin.

I work there so I can help you out with any questions.

What sierrak said. I used to work for the Westin here in New Orleans and drank all of the Starwood kool-aid, so I'd say the Swan is just a touch swankier than the Dolphin.

This topic also makes me feel old. I stayed at the Dolphin over 8 years ago when I was in high school.

What sierrak said. I used to work for the Westin here in New Orleans and drank all of the Starwood kool-aid, so I'd say the Swan is just a touch swankier than the Dolphin.

This topic also makes me feel old. I stayed at the Dolphin over 8 years ago when I was in high school.
Really?!? I had already graduated college when they opened in 1990. And I don't feel "old". Just "experienced"

I'm just going to back away slowly and forget I said anything... :look:

I think I'm just hitting that point in my twenties where I think 30 looks like it's just right there and 18 was miles behind me. It's refreshing and terrifying at the same time.