Disneyland and Universal Hollywood- October 2016 Trip | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland and Universal Hollywood- October 2016 Trip

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 8, 2010
Portland, OR
Hello all,

I am currently in the planning stages for a birthday trip to the west coast to visit Disneyland and Universal Hollywood. I plan on going to Halloween Horror Nights on both coasts (Orlando the week before I leave for California). Does anyone have any tips for UH or Disneyland? It will be my first time there.

My biggest tip for DL is to make sure you get the park-hopper ticket that gives you a Magic Morning. I've literally been at the gates by 6:30am for 7:00am opening. Sounds dire but I got so much done quick, especially the Fantasyland rides that nobody really wants to wait more than 5 min for.

If you have the extra $100-$150 to spend, do the VIP Experience at Universal Hollywood (the daytime VIP). The extended backlot tour is worth it alone! I don't know if I'd ever do Universal Hollywood any other way again.

Reactions: Fatality
I could have sworn it was less, but yeah, it's $299 for the ticket. A steal compared to the VIP in Orlando LOL

Regardless, my point stands. It is well worth the price and more, and is the best way to see Universal Hollywood.
It used to be chump change compared to a "regular" ticket. That was 2008. Insanely cheap and WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

Reactions: Stitch_101
If VIP is too much, the front of line pass is still worth it. Get to queue jump each attraction once. We smashed the whole park in one day before driving back to Vegas