Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

It was only a matter of time before DVC expanded out west. Tower looks small though so much like the DVC at Grand Cali, there likely won't be many DVC rooms. It will help with demand though bc demand for Grand Cali DVC is far greater than what it actually can hold. And it's not taking up a giant potential park expansion pad like the fourth hotel would have, so that's a win.

It was only a matter of time before DVC expanded out west. Tower looks small though so much like the DVC at Grand Cali, there likely won't be many DVC rooms. It will help with demand though bc demand for Grand Cali DVC is far greater than what it actually can hold. And it's not taking up a giant potential park expansion pad like the fourth hotel would have, so that's a win.

I think it’s about 300 rooms in the tower.

So it looks like they plan on continuing to build these two-person rooms and they are aiming for 2023 opening. Still has to go in front of city of Anaheim for approval.

“ Disney has set a 2023 proposed opening date for the 12-story Disney Vacation Club tower. The proposal for the new property is still in the early planning stages and details could change. The proposed 280,000-square-foot DVC time-share tower would be built on approximately 2 acres next to the Disneyland Hotel. The project would include 307 on-site parking spaces within an existing lot.

The 350 Disney Vacation Club rooms would include 271 larger studios, 38 smaller two-person studios, 20 two-bedroom suites, 19 one-bedroom suites and two Grand Villas.”

Disney may not operate this way but I do gotta wonder, 2023 opening date here along with the new Avengers E ticket?

Also this resort looks really nice, honestly.

Disney may not operate this way but I do gotta wonder, 2023 opening date here along with the new Avengers E ticket?

Also this resort looks really nice, honestly.
This resort won’t open in tandem with anything. Disney definitely doesn’t work that way. In particular with a DVC resort.

The question with this resort is how long will it take to sell out? I give it 2-3 months. I can’t believe it took them this long considering how fast the Grand Californian sold out and how resale prices were already $10 more than direct was within 6 months of VGC opening.

This AND that other resort still needs to happen. I can't believe how few onsite rooms there are at DLR with the attendance it has.

This AND that other resort still needs to happen. I can't believe how few onsite rooms there are at DLR with the attendance it has.
They don't have the land to waste. This is only taking up 2 acres that were already on DLH property anyway pretty much. The other hotel was a sprawling 17-acre resort that was going to eat away at potential expansion land for DCA.

If the Western Gateway ever happens, a new hotel is something they should consider adding into the plans next to the garage there. Build a tower hotel to save land if you have to (something like Aventura that takes up little space but does the job). Add a DVC component and it's in a great location. PPH needs to be demolished and a completely ground up hotel built there imo - it's just an old remodeled/Disney branded hotel anyway. Again, DVC could be added.

It's not a waste of land when DLR is your vacation destination. Right now, GCH is so far ahead as the best on-site option, while DLH is a distant 2nd and PPH is waaaaay after that in 3rd. This cancelled hotel really would have been a viable new option.

It's not a waste of land when DLR is your vacation destination. Right now, GCH is so far ahead as the best on-site option, while DLH is a distant 2nd and PPH is waaaaay after that in 3rd. This cancelled hotel really would have been a viable new option.
Sure, but there's so many great hotel options in Anaheim. I could make a great case that - as great of a hotel as GCH is, it is ALSO a large waste of space. It impedes on DCA in a large way and took away from valuable potential park space and it also impedes on DTD. But GCH is here and it is a great option if you can afford it.

DCA, however, is pretty much out of expansion space. There's no need to cut into potential expansion land by putting a hotel and all the parking that comes with it in the way. If we actually love theme parks, we're very lucky that hotel got canceled.

The footprint for the fourth hotel was entirely on the opposite side of Disneyland Drive from either park. Even if you nix the road, you'd have to bulldoze either Grand Cal or Paradise Pier to make that land contiguous to DCA.

I'd say that we already know what's going to be added over the next 7-8 years. There may be some painful but necessary replacements that they have to spend money on toward the end of that window.

I'm a little surprised that the DVC tower doesn't look a little bit more like the other three.

Disney has submitted new plans for the DVC rooms, moving completely to the area next to the convention center and is being overlooked now in the hopes of being approved.

Opening planned for September 2023.

Jungle Book "duo studio":
dlhflatv37957949171.jpg

Sleeping Beauty Deluxe Studio:
dlhflatv37957949172.jpg

dlhflatv37957949173.jpg

Princess and the Frog One/Two Bedroom common area:
dlhflatv37957949174.jpg

Grand Villa:
dlhflatv37957949175.jpg

Last edited: