Disneyland in 2 days? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland in 2 days?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thank you all for the info, cut out universal hollywood and added a ride list. Anything obscure that you guys like and anything I should skip?

If it's nice and hot and you need a break, head into the Animation building at DCA. Really love that place. If you're a Marvel fan, the usually out-of-date Innoventions now features a rotating gallery of Marvel props. Finally, although Roger Rabbit has had it's spinning neutered to ridiculous levels of non...spinning you should check it out. It's only available at DLR and the queue is stunning.

Places to eat (casual): Hungry Bear (amazing mini pies and burgers), Cozy Cone (for their exclusive HP-inspired drinks), Boardwalk Pizza, Gumbo stand in New Orleans Square.

Non-casual (ritzy, if you're trying to save money just get their desserts, which are better than the meals!): Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou

For candy, do the Critter Country candy shop by Pooh. That place has excellent candy that isn't even at the Candy Palace.

If it's nice and hot and you need a break, head into the Animation building at DCA. Really love that place. If you're a Marvel fan, the usually out-of-date Innoventions now features a rotating gallery of Marvel props. Finally, although Roger Rabbit has had it's spinning neutered to ridiculous levels of non...spinning you should check it out. It's only available at DLR and the queue is stunning.

Places to eat (casual): Hungry Bear (amazing mini pies and burgers), Cozy Cone (for their exclusive HP-inspired drinks), Boardwalk Pizza, Gumbo stand in New Orleans Square.

Non-casual (ritzy, if you're trying to save money just get their desserts, which are better than the meals!): Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou

For candy, do the Critter Country candy shop by Pooh. That place has excellent candy that isn't even at the Candy Palace.

I'll second the Hungry Bear nomination. Happened to stumble upon it last September on my trip. The best counter service I've had at Disney.

Awesome suggestions guys thank you!!! Roger rabbit is definitely near the top of my list since it's one of my favorite movies. I'm a very VERY non picky eater so whatever works but after listening to the parkscope podcast I think I'll give hungry bear a shot (thanks Huckle)

Each of the 3 night shows (especially Fantasmic) are all worth your time seeing. World of Color may be just a collection of Disney clips, but it is far more impressive in person than in video and there is nothing like it.

Oh yes that's another thing I was going to ask. Should I take the time to go out and see all the night shows if I haven't done all the rides I wanted to by that time? I'm not really a night show person and I usually skip all fireworks and most things like that. I also don't really like fantasmic at MGM. Are they really that good/different to go over the place of rides?

I'm not really interested by WOC by the videos I'm seeing but everybody is saying you have to see it in person and it'll blow your mind. I think I have to see it now and since DCA only has like 10 or so rides I want to do, I think I could definitely do it without feeling like I'm missing something. Could be the perfect end to a vacation who knows?

Leaving tomorow morning!!!! Spending a day at Cali adventure then a full day at DL on Thursday. Saturday will be USH and then I go home on Sunday. Hopefully the crowds won't be ridiculous, so pumped, can't wait to make a trip report when I'm back!!!!

Leaving tomorow morning!!!! Spending a day at Cali adventure then a full day at DL on Thursday. Saturday will be USH and then I go home on Sunday. Hopefully the crowds won't be ridiculous, so pumped, can't wait to make a trip report when I'm back!!!!

Good luck & have a great trip.

Post a bunch of pics on IG. And can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get back.

Enjoy you'll love it. We did it in 2 days almost a year ago, was lucky to have one dead day one busy day. What hoppers so we could move between parks to catch the quieter times just right.

Just get there early, try and do everything and close the park.

Fantasmic is better than DHS as said, and I also agree that if you only do one night show, just do WOC.

Post a bunch of pics on IG. And can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get back.

Lol you know i will, anybody wants to follow my adventure as it's happening follow me @coleycow

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy you'll love it. We did it in 2 days almost a year ago, was lucky to have one dead day one busy day. What hoppers so we could move between parks to catch the quieter times just right.

Just get there early, try and do everything and close the park.

Fantasmic is better than DHS as said, and I also agree that if you only do one night show, just do WOC.
That's the plan man, thanks for your advice it was ridiculously helpful!!! Ughh can't wait in the plane now!!!

Last edited: