Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris to recieve 150 million expansion

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Didn't see a thread about it, so I figured I'd post.

Disney has agreed to finance DLPR 150 million to expand the studios park, most of which will most likely go to the long-rumored Ratatouille dark ride.

For an Orlando not on this...if TDO had half a brain (they don't), they'd partner with DLP on the ride and clone it to World Showcase or DHS.

World Showcase needs a ride like this. With their love of cloning rides to cut on costs, I have no idea why we won't be getting it :mean:

This will be a great addition, I would love to see it come to France in Epcot butttt it wont.

Yep, albeit Impressions of France is an impressive film, I think a ride would be much better.

France right now is probably the best Pavillion in terms of food in the whole park a ride would easily make it the best OVERALL pavillion.

Yep, albeit Impressions of France is an impressive film, I think a ride would be much better.

France right now is probably the best Pavillion in terms of food in the whole park a ride would easily make it the best OVERALL pavillion.

Impressions could stay, I believe. There's room behind the pavilion that can be worked with, if I'm not mistaken.

Would not the country of France need to penny up on such a project being built in Epcot? I was under the impression that the world showcase is financed by the countries themselves.

Would not the country of France need to penny up on such a project being built in Epcot? I was under the impression that the world showcase is financed by the countries themselves.

Would Disney prefer that? I'm sure they would.

I don't think they need to. If Disney wanted to spend the money (HA!), then they could do it on their own.

^ that was the old epcot i think morocco is the only pavilion that is country sponsored.

Sorry 'bout that, you are correct... private companies sponsor the others if at all. I wonder if the focus is country specific companies?

Where is it stated that the Rat isn't coming to France as well?

Sorry 'bout that, you are correct... private companies sponsor the others if at all. I wonder if the focus is country specific companies?

Where is it stated that the Rat isn't coming to France as well?

Well, it's never stated that it isn't coming to World Showcase or Hollywood Studios. But there's never been a real legitimate rumor on it making it stateside.

Now, is this $150 million in American Disney Dollars? Because apparently that gets you an omnimover these days.

Disney and More has an update on the World of Color-like show being installed in the lagoon at the base of the castle.

9df66ffe.jpg

hd119713.jpg