Disneyland Paris Resort | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Paris Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally I think it's difficult to judge anything made by any park from a video.

I am looking forward to seeing this in a couple of years, it's a much needed attraction in WDS

From what I saw of the areas theming when I was there I december it looks solid. Also photos of the resturant look great too

It is difficult but when it's all screens you get a better basis then lets say ET

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side, the Ratatouille physical sets are impressive. Tall ceilings with huge oversized kitchen props going all the way up. They even look good with the lights on, based on a few pictures I've seen. Not a very good blending between the screens and the sets though.
Impressive for how little you see of them. I'm disapointed because I thought this was gonna be the next best thing in theme parks. I know it's a first world problem for me to complain about it since I'll probably never go to euro Disney, but I love the ratatouille movie and this doesn't look like it'll hold a candle to it. Besides hunny hunt and manor, looks like the trackless ride system isn't as jaw dropping as we all thought it was

- - - Updated - - -

On the plus side, the Ratatouille physical sets are impressive. Tall ceilings with huge oversized kitchen props going all the way up. They even look good with the lights on, based on a few pictures I've seen. Not a very good blending between the screens and the sets though.
Impressive for how little you see of them. I'm disapointed because I thought this was gonna be the next best thing in theme parks. I know it's a first world problem for me to complain about it since I'll probably never go to euro Disney, but I love the ratatouille movie and this doesn't look like it'll hold a candle to it. Besides hunny hunt and manor, looks like the trackless ride system isn't as jaw dropping as we all thought it was

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/di...bailout-plan-for-disneyland-paris-1201322300/

Today in the news in Europe Disney is pumping another whopping 1 billion Euro's in the bottomless pit called Disneyland Paris to pay of the huge depth and to try on attract more visitors by building more rides.
Note to investors, DLP will never ever become profitable. Europeans are not spending up to 10.000 dollar/euro for a week of Disney with their family. Their local theme parks are better priced and offer entertainment that is relatable to their culture.

The only people I know who would consider a DLP vacation are those not fortunate enough to have visited WDW or DLR. The experience pales in comparison by pretty much every metric, and yet is still a very pricey trip even for those who live in Europe.

The resort has lost money pretty much every year since it opened in 1992.

If Disney continues to fix up DLP and add new rides to make both parks better, especially Disney's worst theme park, Walt Disney Studios Paris, then it could easily become profitable. However, I see it taking quite some time before that happens.

Last December we did two nights on site with tickets, flying LGW to CDG, half board. With spending money and all transfers it cost £1000. Our Orlando trip this December is getting on for £5k if I pro rota the APs and take off premium economy flights.

It does work out more expensive to do DLP if you compare.(£180 per day per person in Orlando and thats doing UOR too vs £250 per day in DLP)

The bottom line is that travel, food and accomodation is more expensive per mile and per day in Europe. Once you get to the US, most things are cheaper (food, fuel, accomodation).

DLP's problem is too many hotels upon opening in '92, meaning they borrowed too much to get the work done.

Having visted DLR, WDW and DLP within one year, DLP is clearly a lower spec park and has deteriorated over the years. However it has so much potential once money can be spent in the right places. Hotel refurbs are well underway as a result of the last TWDC cash injection.

TWDC should have picked up on this a long time ago, as they were always the ones who would be picking up the pieces to save their brand.

If Disney continues to fix up DLP and add new rides to make both parks better, especially Disney's worst theme park, Walt Disney Studios Paris, then it could easily become profitable. However, I see it taking quite some time before that happens.

This is liposuction without changing the lifestyle. Just like the prior three bail outs this I've will run out and they'll look for another. That is if it's not sold by then.

This is liposuction without changing the lifestyle. Just like the prior three bail outs this I've will run out and they'll look for another. That is if it's not sold by then.
If you think that DLP is going to shut down or be sold off, you're wrong.

If anything, this move was made so that WDW can get majority ownership of Euro Disney SCA. By investing so much, they are basically forcing others to either invest as well or get out.

The only major ownership change would be Disney swallowing all of it. Which was probably not the idea, originally I assume it was to allow the French to benefit from investments.

They wouldn't do this for no reason. They're obviously seeing ROI on Disney Dreams and Ratatouille and whatever else they've added recently must be adding up.

They wouldn't do this for no reason. They're obviously seeing ROI on Disney Dreams and Ratatouille and whatever else they've added recently must be adding up.
Plus they've been doing major renovations across property to fix things that should've never gotten as bad as they were. Things are getting better from a guest experience stand point... now they just need to continue adding things to the parks and hope that helps with attendance.

It is very expensive for a day ticket, but an annual pass is very cheap.
A few years back the bottom pass was 99 euros as opposed to the 65 euros a day.
We got AP and made use of the food and merch discounts.

From a reputable source (ED92); He is reporting that Hyperspace Mountain will be coming for DLP's 25th anniversary as long rumored "Space Mountain III".

Some months ago, several Imagineers of Walt Disney Imagineering came to Disneyland Paris to perform some tests on Space Mountain: Mission 2, exploring the possibilities offered by its latest long renovation. The program would include the very famous Star Wars music in the trains and projections of an epic battle between X-Wings and Tie Fighter. You understand now, the famous “Space Mountain Version 3” we were talking about since a long time now arrive and will be dedicated to Star Wars! As usual your adventure will begin with the help of the Columbiad cannon, which this time would not send you to an anonymous galaxy where a star becomes a supernova. This time it will catapult you into the most famous of all open confrontation between the Resistance and the First Order with, as a finale, an exploding Star Destroyer before returning to Earth at light speed. Note that this new “mission” would arrive in March 2017 along with the new trains for the 25th anniversary of Disneyland Paris and should be a permanent dressing like his “clones” at Disneyland in California, Walt Disney World in Florida and Hong Kong Disneyland. But DLP specificity, we’ll have the opportunity to have a much better quality video, our Mountain having much larger screens than its counterparts. It would not be the only attraction to host the Star Wars license next year as Star Tours 2 is also scheduled to open for the 25th Anniversary…

Source:

Thoughts?