Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Back to Disneyland. Has anyone been through recently and how noticeable is SWL from within the park? WestCoaster shows that it is noticeable but it doesn't look bad to me. Of course, I'm also the dope who doesn't get worked up if I see Space Mountain while riding Big Thunder (Augh!!! The magic is gone. I really wasn't in the Old West!!!).
I was there two weeks ago. Other than the mountains/trees and the one tower rising over the new berm, it is not that noticeable at ground level within the park. Your best views are from the top of BTMR but those are brief. It will become even more obscured as the foliage matures on the berms.

Disneyland at least is driven by demand, which has been booming for a while. They should pay people. The bigwigs have been making a ton raising prices beyond inflation already.

I rode Ghost Galaxy and Monsters After Dark last night. Both were identical to last year. The CM's in Monsters After Dark were really into character, it made it a lot of fun. DCA looks better at night for regular guests than most parks do for their upcharge Halloween events.

Last edited:
Has anyone else been wondering what Disney will do when they realize that one side of the park houses Frontierland, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Critter Country, and soon to be Galxies Edge while to the other side of the park there is only Tomorrowland.

I can’t be the only one who sees almost scary suffocating crowds because 80% of the parks attractions are when you walk in make a left to almost everything but over to your right you will notice there is a couple of things.

Autopia needs to be shrunk(i know monorail issues and sub but) and a new e-ticket added to Tomorrowland plus some attractions overhauling and a fantasyland expansion with BatB e-ticket and Frozen coaster replacing sections of it and fantasyland theater please.

I know it sounds like a lot but they are about open what will become by far the most popular land they have ever had in what is already the most crowded section of the park. It’s a flame that’s about to be doused in gasoline. Tomorrowland and Fantasyland Expansions to the autopia and theater portions would greatly help with balance plus just make me f$&@ing stoked specifically Tomorrowland as it was always my favorite as a kid.

Just curious and some thoughts yall.

Disneyland is scheduled to have Fantasyland/Tomorrowland updates after Marvel in DCA. It's basically a back and forth between the two parks. Best case scenario is that SWGE creates capacity issues with DL and they end up having to fast-track the Fantasyland and Tomorrowland upgrades.

...but I wouldn't expect too much to come from Fantasyland or Tomorrowland. I expect Fantasyland to receive something Frozen and the Beauty and the Beast ride from Tokyo. Tomorrowland won't get expanded but rather have a complete makeover. All the current rides in TL (aside from Space) will probably be re-themed with new stuff. At most I can see Tron being added to the submarine area (if the rumored Cap America ride wont be similar).