Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

Oh my god!

EDIT: Also, I called the bridges over the road.

Also, lol if this is their response to EU. Poor Florida.

EDIT 2: I imagine this will come much later after EU however, given Disney's history of announcing things way in advance (cough, WestCot, cough)

Last edited:
Sorry for double post again. Too many Disneyland thoughts.

Anyways, I was watching some old videos of Oogie Boogie Bash and Electronica....

This might be a controversial opinion, but maybe they shouldn't fill Hollywoodland with rides? It's acted as a pretty good flex spaces for some fun experiences. That Black Room Dark Ride could fit in well with seasonal experiences however.

EDIT: Also, how did I not know how cool Villains Grove was till now?

Sorry for double post again. Too many Disneyland thoughts.

Anyways, I was watching some old videos of Oogie Boogie Bash and Electronica....

This might be a controversial opinion, but maybe they shouldn't fill Hollywoodland with rides? It's acted as a pretty good flex spaces for some fun experiences. That Black Room Dark Ride could fit in well with seasonal experiences however.

EDIT: Also, how did I not know how cool Villains Grove was till now?
I kind of agree. Hollywood Studios losing all of it flex spaces kind of hit the park in the butt (IMO of course).

I kind of agree. Hollywood Studios losing all of it flex spaces kind of hit the park in the butt (IMO of course).
Flex space is also why USF is so great. As with everything, balance is key. Islands is honestly a park that could use more events imo, given how many theater spaces it has, but the layout of the park is less conducive to that, with most lands bar Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent seeing high utilization of their available space.

More detailed restrictions on how California parks are going to need to "safely" reopen...

--All queueing must be done outdoors (...)
--Time spent indoors for attractions must not exceed 15 minutes
--It would appear no indoor theaters of any kind

That obviously knocks out a fair amount of experiences. On the theater front, you lose Tiki Room, Great Moments, and Hyperion (which we already basically assumed was out for now). The queue element will make a number of attractions challenging: Indiana Jones Adventure is tough but doable, but experiences like Roger Rabbit, Guardians, Rise, and Smugglers Run may be more challenging due to their difficult-to-circumvent indoor queuing areas. Roger I guess could just queue outdoors (though good luck in that tight cul-de-sac) and send you right to the loading area through the Fastpass queue. Stuff like Indy, Pirates, and Space will likely use outdoor queues and pulse. Guardians and Smugglers Run *could* skip preshows, potentially, but that's not really possible for Rise (and also Mansion with its elevators).

Personally, I think this is overkill and may in fact result in more crowding due to how queues will need to be structured.

28% of the state has already received at least one dose of a vaccine and they’re still chasing nonsensical rules like these. What a joke.

Disney is at 30% over at WDW. So they will play it safe at least for the first month and then slowly let in more...maybe in the summer we are allowed at above 75% but if Disney in any way sees they could have to shut down again or decrease staff will not let more people in until they know its all good.

Disney is at 30% over at WDW. So they will play it safe at least for the first month and then slowly let in more...maybe in the summer we are allowed at above 75% but if Disney in any way sees they could have to shut down again or decrease staff will not let more people in until they know its all good.
I don’t think Disney will have to shut down again. Regardless of what your political affiliation is, if you’re the governor and you’re about to face a possible recall, ordering everything to shut down again is probably not the most wise move if you want to stay elected, especially with all of the momentum going full steam ahead on reopening everything. But I agree Disney is going to try to play it safe with the restrictions.

I don’t think Disney will have to shut down again. Regardless of what your political affiliation is, if you’re the governor and you’re about to face a possible recall, ordering everything to shut down again is probably not the most wise move if you want to stay elected, especially with all of the momentum going full steam ahead on reopening everything. But I agree Disney is going to try to play it safe with the restrictions.
Never say never

I'm just saying it could happen and Disney has been burned before so think they will play it safe until we are 100% out of the woods, which is seeing hoe we are dealing with strands in winter. To me anything can happen and the way Disney has handled Florida which would allow for more people in the parks but the theme parks still limiting guests over profits shows they are just playing it very safe.

Its also the reason I think Aps wont be back this year, I think DIsney is fine with building things up slowly.

More detailed restrictions on how California parks are going to need to "safely" reopen...

--All queueing must be done outdoors (...)
--Time spent indoors for attractions must not exceed 15 minutes
--It would appear no indoor theaters of any kind

That obviously knocks out a fair amount of experiences. On the theater front, you lose Tiki Room, Great Moments, and Hyperion (which we already basically assumed was out for now). The queue element will make a number of attractions challenging: Indiana Jones Adventure is tough but doable, but experiences like Roger Rabbit, Guardians, Rise, and Smugglers Run may be more challenging due to their difficult-to-circumvent indoor queuing areas. Roger I guess could just queue outdoors (though good luck in that tight cul-de-sac) and send you right to the loading area through the Fastpass queue. Stuff like Indy, Pirates, and Space will likely use outdoor queues and pulse. Guardians and Smugglers Run *could* skip preshows, potentially, but that's not really possible for Rise (and also Mansion with its elevators).

Personally, I think this is overkill and may in fact result in more crowding due to how queues will need to be structured.

As far as Rise, they could actually skip the second preshow to cut time; similar to what has happened in Florida over the past few months.

That said, I see heavy use of virtual queues going forward. At this point; if that's the means to remove the need of a queue, especially in limited capacity, then that'd do it.

Doesn’t this knock out Pirates with a ride time of 16 minutes?

Starting to reconsider going when the park reopens. While I’d like to go on a weekend with a capacity cap, I don’t want to ride Rise for the first time without the full experience.

Hopefully the rumor of needing a reservation AND a ticket is true. You could book a res a few weeks out from reopening and cancel if the reviews are sour.

28% of the state has already received at least one dose of a vaccine and they’re still chasing nonsensical rules like these. What a joke.
Yeah, but how many of that 28% is in Disney’s primary demographic? That vast majority is going to be senior citizens.

Yeah, but how many of that 28% is in Disney’s primary demographic? That vast majority is going to be senior citizens.
Since I'm part of that 28%, a day full of senior citizens and frontline works sounds fantastic. Might not be the most revenue they could possibly gain, but that'd be the most mellow experience ever baha

The park also isn’t opening for another 32ish days. I’m pro-caution and generally pro-rules like 50% at restaurants, but it would be interesting to know how many Californians have been spending more than 15 minutes indoors at their workplaces over the last year - rounded to the nearest million.

The park also isn’t opening for another 32ish days. I’m pro-caution and generally pro-rules like 50% at restaurants, but it would be interesting to know how many Californians have been spending more than 15 minutes indoors at their workplaces over the last year - rounded to the nearest million.

I'm sorry, if you can eat indoors and watch movies (with your mask off) indoors, there is literally no reason for this 15-minute restriction other than to look "tough." They're already restricting it to in-state residents, so I don't buy the "theme parks are melting pots" argument.

I'm sorry, if you can eat indoors and watch movies (with your mask off) indoors, there is literally no reason for this 15-minute restriction other than to look "tough." They're already restricting it to in-state residents, so I don't buy the "theme parks are melting pots" argument.
I said it before.

The people who wrote these rules literally must not have left their houses during covid....you can stand in walmart all day thats cool but Q's and Rides? No...no...no

You can watch hour long movies but not a 12 min 3D show?

Just there is not logic, with the Vaccine open to EVERYONE before the parks open and only CA residents allowed in...I don't see any need for rules besides masks, 6 feet apart and clean afterwards.

I can’t answer for SoCal, but East Bay has remained predominantly shut down for every but essential services. I haven’t been in my office for more than 5-10 minutes for over a year.

The Blue bayou is going to start selling some wine and adult drinks.

I see other sites update, can someone logically explain to me why 25 dollar wine will ruin the park?
I just don't how in 2021 we are still demonizing beers and weed, I grew up with dare it was a lie most people drink/smoke and do not beat their wives or cause scenes.

Because of Walt's vision to never serve alcohol in the parks. Honestly, as much as I appreciate keeping the integrity of Disneyland... this is a great move.