1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

DisneyQuest

Discussion in 'Disney Springs' started by AndyP, Mar 31, 2011.

1. AndyP

AndyP Rookie

Anything in there to keep two 30somethings entertained? Or is it really only for kids/teens? We've stood outside and tried to peer in a couple of times, and it always sounds..... Loud. Lol.

2. wdwbiged

wdwbiged Rookie

depends on you.. do you like to play video games then its great

AndyP likes this.
  3. AndyP

AndyP Rookie

Hmmmm. I do. But not sure how keen my wife would be to stand and watch me play them for any significant period.:doh:

4. bciech8

bciech8 Rookie

Basically, it's a big arcade and I believe there's something for everyone. There's a trivia game, you can create and ride your own rollercoaster, there's drawing "classes" where you can learn to draw disney characters, ski ball, virtual bowling, air hockey, guitar hero, etc. If you despise teenagers/kids running around, then you might want to stay away because there IS a lot of that.

AndyP likes this.
  5. AndyP

AndyP Rookie

Ok ta. Thanks for the info. At the end of the day if loud kids/teenagers annoyed us we'd holiday as far from Orlando as we could possibly get. But if the attractions are aimed solely at that age grouop it just makes it less of an attraction for us. However, we'll have a closer look next time we're there.:thumbs::thumbs:

6. Frogki

Frogki Veteran Member

It's actually a good place if you like interactive stuff. I love the raft attraction and the Pirates virtual boat cannon fight. It was neat! lol...

AndyP likes this.
  7. jtsalien

jtsalien Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically, run. Premium Member

It's not very repeatable for me, but any Disney fan has to try it once. The pirates game is definitely the highlight for me. The Buzz Lightyear game can also be very fun. Virtual Space Mountain isn't as impressive to me now that I've done Sum of All Thrills though.

8. AndyP

AndyP Rookie

Cheers. Sounds like solid advice. :thumbs:

9. TheBlueGirl

TheBlueGirl Newcomer

I liked it for a one time visit but it definitely wouldn't be on my top list of things to do on my Disney vacation. I honestly think it's a bit outdated..

10. sierrak5

sierrak5 Rookie

The elevator that you take to enter is a lot of fun.

The last time I went we were done after 2 hours and only went because of a free ticket. It really just depends on the person I guess. I know my 9 year old cousin could spend all day there.

11. Frogki

Frogki Veteran Member

Oh yeah, the elevator xD... I remember getting on it, and the lights went out. I nearly had a panic attack. My aunt whispered "I lied - we're on Tower of Terror" and I nearly freaked out rotflmbo... I was 10 and a bit naive, but I enjoyed it when Genie came on xD

12. tiredoldspook

tiredoldspook Veteran Member

The Pirates of the Caribbean game and the make your own Space Mountain is fun but for 30's I am not sure I would spend the money..For the money Honestly if you ahve a rental car visit Gatorland in KIssimmee cheap and very interesting.

13. Jubilation Lee

Jubilation Lee Rookie

As others have said, it all comes down to tastes and interests. I'm personally not a fan, simply because virtual reality games just aren't my thing.

14. YETI PINTRADER

YETI PINTRADER Veteran Member

Personally I like DisneyQuest alot, I even have an AP. I am 16 but I know both my parents had a lot of fun with all of the arcade games, pinball and the attraction games and it's easy to spend a ton of hours in there. If you like arcade games and video games in general go for it. I know all of the adults I have been with would say it was worth the money.

AndyP likes this.
  15. AndyP

AndyP Rookie

OK Dude, thanks for the info.:thumbs:

16. jj3352

jj3352 Member

If you haven't been to disney quest in the last 4 or 5 years i would suggest going. i went in 2003 thought it was lame and went today and thought it was just awesome!

17. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

Pirates was definitely the highlight. Everyone in my family loved it, including my parents. It was very crowded when we went, so we didn't get to do many of the "major attractions", but I think you guys could have fun. DisneyQuest is essentially a handfull of cool immersive video games separted by hundreds of classic (pacman and galagy) and popular (guitar hero) video games.

18. Scarletwebslingr

Scarletwebslingr Veteran Member

I wish they'd call it "Flynn's" and make room for a neato Tron game.

19. rotcav

rotcav Rookie

Good call here, there almost needs to be some Disney Tron love in some shape or form. Huge Tron fan btw, guess you couldn't tell that from my signature, hehe.

20. Thor

Thor Veteran Member

Would love for them to do this. And with Iger loving synergy and all, this makes total sense. Then, ElecTRONica can come to DTD Pleasure Island/Hyperion Wharf/Whatever It Is Called Today.