Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Aladdin

I try not to judge any film based on EW covers simply because EW is notoriously god-awful at photoshop and makes everything look terrible.

I read further into it and Genie will be Blue. He will also look like Will Smith with a goatee at points.

Yeah Smith said for most of the film he will be blue and cgi. This is just his human form (like how Williams’ version turned into a human during the parade scene).

Personally, these remakes haven’t made me feel one way or another. I’ve enjoyed them for what they are (definitely not without their flaws of course). But I don’t feel like it’s ever tarnished the originals in any way. And honestly, if I were Disney, I would keep making them as well because it makes them SO MUCH MONEY.

4179c830-1c3e-46c6-801e-57e0d1c21b4f-jpeg.8539

My thoughts perfectly summed up.

Welp. I'm out.

I finally watched the live-action BatB last weekend and was honestly offended at how "lifeless" the whole thing felt. These stills aren't instilling any confidence that this will be much better...

I actually enjoyed BatB way more than I thought I would. The cast was excellent, especially Watson.

This looks like total garbage to me.

Will Smith's "genie" is all wrong...A CGI character will Smith's voice would have been much preferred.

Will Smith's "genie" is all wrong...A CGI character will Smith's voice would have been much preferred.

Again, it’s already been stated that Smith, for most of the film, will be blue and cgi. This is just his human form (like how Williams’ version turned into a human during the parade scene).

Last edited:
Again, it’s alrwady been stated that Smith, for most of the film, will be blue and cgi. This is just his human form (like how Williams’ version turned into a human during the parade scene).

oh thanks for the update. i didn' t know.

and if that's the case, they really should have premiered this with what the Genie will actually look like in the film. Bad PR move in my opinion.

oh thanks for the update. i didn' t know.

and if that's the case, they really should have premiered this with what the Genie will actually look like in the film. Bad PR move in my opinion.

They mentioned when it was unveiled, that he wasn't fully completely ready to be shown in the bluish and CGI form; but they didn't want to keep people in the dark.

Considering how the recent crop of live action remakes have been, I'm not a fan of what's coming. An a lil while back, I recall seeing some posts mention that while the film was shooting in locations with a sizable Indian/Middle Eastern population...they clearly didn't snag any of them for extras as apparently they had to darken the skin of the extras they did have for the film. An seeing the picture of the crowd in this post...

...woof.

Just like I won’t judge the Sonic movie off of a poster, I can’t judge a movie off of stills. I actually happen to like most of what I see besides Will Smith as Genie.

I’ll wait until we get another trailer to truly judge and even then a good/bad trailer doesnt always mean that’s how the movie will be.

Though I'm not impressed at all by this, I'm intrigued by Will Smith's Genie. I have a feeling (hope) it's an earnest, honest take instead of an attempt to go zany.

Though I'm not impressed at all by this, I'm intrigued by Will Smith's Genie. I have a feeling (hope) it's an earnest, honest take instead of an attempt to go zany.

I think they know better than to go zany. This will be closer to the Broadway version is my bet.