Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Aladdin

I feel that there are three movies in particular that would translate extremely well to live action, with them being The Black Cauldron, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Treasure Planet.

For a time, Disney was developing adaptations of the book series that inspired THE BLACK CAULDRON, but it doesn't sound like those are still in the works.

I agree that THE BLACK CAULDRON has lots of potential in live action. Or a remake of (the already live action) DRAGONSLAYER, which would be in similar territory.

lnlGtoyV.jpg:large

DzFx9HHU8AAZ8zv.jpg

THIS, ain't it; chief.

What happened to Agent J?!

Personally, I think this trailer is SOOOO much better than anything else they've shown. I have no idea why they wouldn't have started with this trailer. Also, Genie doesn't look so strange here anymore. I think seeing him move around really helps.

Last edited:

Personally, I think this trailer is SOOOO much better than anything else they've shown. I have no idea why they wouldn't have started with this trailer. Also, Genie does't look so strange here anymore. I think seeing him move around really helps.

I've been a bit skeptical of this movie, but I have to admit this looks pretty good. Not sure why it took them until their third attempt to finally put something decent out here to get people excited.

I've been a bit skeptical of this movie, but I have to admit this looks pretty good. Not sure why it took them until their third attempt to finally put something decent out here to get people excited.

I think showcasing the music really helped this trailer (which wasn't present at all in any of the previous trailers). Maybe they just hadn't had the songs ready yet?

NO, just NO ;)

Agree it's a much better trailer but the whole thing feels a bit amateur and Jafar and Geenie are totally not right.
Aladdin is one of my favorite Disney Movies but this looks mediocre, even the music sounds a bit karaoke.

I think we will hit peak Disney live action remake fatigue this year with Dumbo, Aladdin and Lion King, Maybe they are rushing them too much.

I don’t think it’s too much, it’s the fact that they’re doing it at all. I hate myself for knowing I’ll support this and the Lion King in theaters, but it feels as if Disney is de-legitimizing their animated movies and animation in general with these films. The renaissance movies can stand on their own, they don’t need these remakes that will be forgotten about in two years time.

Well, this trailer does look quite a bit better than the others since hey! There's actually a nice bit of color to the visuals instead of looking drab as all heck. (I'm getting Christopher Robin flashbacks.)

An credit where credit is due, Will Smith does look better in motion. Not to mention he got a couple chuckles out of me in the trailer.

That said, oddly enough it felt like Will was carrying that trailer. I'm kind of on the fence on Aladdin and Jasmine, but Jafar is a big fat NO. Dude's trying to sound menacing, but it's not landing at all.

Overall it looks nice, but like many of the other live action remakes, it doesn't look anything other than a shameless cash grab as it's mainly taking from the original animated film.