Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion) | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Animal Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 15, 2014
--Classified--
A thread dedicated to the stuff too small-scale to warrant its own thread but still significant enough to discuss.

The Discovery Island Trails reopened today! After a pretty long refurbishment of the Tree itself and the trails. The canopies that were set up after the branch fell are gone now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog and Teebin
The dinosaur ride was just refurbed and it was great. The AAs were on point. A a t-rex started running towards us and it was crazy. What a great ride.

They also added some projections.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasted
The dinosaur ride was just refurbed and it was great. The AAs were on point. A a t-rex started running towards us and it was crazy. What a great ride.

They also added some projections.

Good to hear that.:thumbsup: I had read on Magic about the refurbs a couple of months ago. Dinosaur is one of my favorite WDW attractions and I'm excited about riding it and experiencing the changes. It had gotten pretty rundown when I last rode in October 2015, hardly anything worked, so this will definitely be a highlight of my upcoming vacation.

Some of the new color coded, hybrid trams are in use over at DAK:
new-parking-trams-08202017-4.jpg

new-parking-trams-08202017-1.jpg

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
My understanding is all of the current security setups are very temporary, with the idea of refining the design and procedure before it's all made permanent. I'd hope they're aiming to install x-ray machines like Universal did to expedite the process of screening, and that requires new permanent structures. That's why EPCOT and MK/TTC are still using tents and mobile barricades after more than a year of the enhanced screening procedures. I know for MK/TTC and EPCOT, complete remodels of the entrance areas have also been in the works for years, they're just delayed with the redesign of the security areas.

Disney actually put out a statement late last year that all four parks will be receiving new entrance areas, mostly pertaining to permanent security set-ups. Epcot has some work going on currently that is a part of their change to security as well.

Disney's arrival security procedures are/were definitely Mickey Mouse level. They really needed to do something to professionalize the operation. These changes are positive, but the distances from the gates are a bit troubling.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristopherSE