Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Art of Animation Resort

Lion King Area is open.
art-of-animation-lion-king-006.jpg

art-of-animation-lion-king-003.jpg

art-of-animation-lion-king-001.jpg

From wdwinfo

For what its worth, I walked through Art of Animation on July 4th. The Cars area was really well done and the Lion king area looked great as well (I could see it over the fences). The nemo area was my least favorite imho. I think they look leagues better than an other value offer at Disney.

For what its worth, I walked through Art of Animation on July 4th. The Cars area was really well done and the Lion king area looked great as well (I could see it over the fences). The nemo area was my least favorite imho. I think they look leagues better than an other value offer at Disney.

Without a doubt. I've walked through twice and eaten at the Food Court. This resort is miles ahead of the other Value Resorts, it is not even funny. Disney really knocked it out of the park with this one and should be used as the model for any future Value Resorts that they may end up building.

I walked through the Lion King section today. Loved it! I also ate in the food court for breakfast. Definitely nice that they have soooo many choices. I'm going to stay there one day, even if I live so close!

Some amazing theming there. Staying there next weekend, I believe. I shall take some photos and get it posted up here for you guys.

That would be great and if you don't mind saying how much per night are you paying.

Final Phase Set to open Sept 15.

Guests are invited to slumber in Ariel’s colorful retreat at “The Little Mermaid” wing at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, opening Sept. 15 at Walt Disney World Resort.

Themed to one of the most celebrated animated films of all time “The Little Mermaid” will feature 864 standard hotel rooms that can sleep up to four guests. With a sea-inspired color palette and an aquatic motif, guests become part of her world as they plunge “under the sea” into Ariel’s secret grotto. Playful film-inspired décor and characters from the undersea kingdom including Ursula, King Triton and Sebastian come to life both inside guestrooms and in the courtyard.

Guests can lounge poolside at the Flippin’ Fins pool, one of three pools at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.

The Little Mermaid opening completes the build-out of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort that includes, “Finding Nemo,” “Cars” and “The Lion King” family suites themed to beloved Disney Pixar animated features.

Rates start at $94 for “The Little Mermaid” rooms. For bookings, visit disneyworld.com.

Just stayed here this past weekend. I'll post some photos later of the new Lion King section later.

Overall, a great resort. This was my third stop here since it's opened. The theming is remarkable, that is for sure. Everything is pitch perfect for each section, even The Lion King, which I feel has the least amount of theming when you compare it to the Cars and Finding Nemo wings. And the resort seemed to be packed compared to some of the resorts I stopped off at while visiting.

Here are some photos from this past weekend at AoA: Lion King.

PhotoAug17115007AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114938AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114923AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114914AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114823AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114634AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114923AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114549AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114532AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114526AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114436AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114418AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113446AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113442AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113432AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113426AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113422AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113359AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113354AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113348AM.jpg

PhotoAug17113229AM.jpg

And photos from the under construction Little Mermaid Wing

PhotoAug17114640AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114637AM.jpg

PhotoAug17114552AM.jpg

My little brother loves Cars and I'm sure he would have a ball in the Cars wing but...that's sort of expensive. Once/if prices drop, I would stay here with him. It would be my first time staying at a Disney hotel.

I'm doing a one day AOA and one day Royal Pacific trip next month. One thing I found shocking was a concierge room at Royal Pacific was cheaper than a room at Lion King. I also tried to book a room at the Little Mermaid by phone when I got the Lion King suite and was told they were full (for a Tuesday). I went online the next day and a room was available for that date.

Booooo!!! What happened better deal somewhere else, and btw how much was it per night?

Money lol. With it being this close to Christmas my wife said she would rather use that money to go towards xmas than on another trip. To be honest with ya, I think she is a little burnt out of Disney right now to tell you the truth :lol: We have gone quite a bit this year and plus its a lot of work going to the parks with a 2-1/2 and 1-1/2 year old.

It really wasn's bad each night. I was supposed to be Dec 6th-10th and I think the weekends were $110 and weekdays $86, if my memory is correct. Not too bad, last year I got Pool view at Pop around the same time for $77 and $96 a night which isnt bad for on property.

Last edited:
I hear ya about the cash flow, who knew Xmas was so expensive? :lol: