Disney's Artemis Fowl | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Artemis Fowl

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, at the very least it leaves me more intrigued than I was before I watched it (which is to say, not at all).

I literally thought this was going to be a movie about a chicken.

But +1000 for their use of Radiohead in this trailer!

I think this was a result of horrible trailer editing.

Hoping that it's that, considering Kenneth's involvement.

he did do the first Thor which was horrible.

He also angered the book fans heavily with changing a sexist character to a woman which then takes away from another major character's storyline/plot.

Last edited:
My wife was very excited when she heard about the film and even more so after watching the trailer.

I’m guessing that’s Disney’s audience for this one.

A small marketing blitz on the Walt Disney Studios twitter earlier finished with a new trailer. Still scheduled to come out May 29th as of now:

I feel this is an easy one to move to VOD/D+ on the release date if they wanted. Destined to bomb Imo regardless of whats going on.

A small marketing blitz on the Walt Disney Studios twitter earlier finished with a new trailer. Still scheduled to come out May 29th as of now:

With what's going on and it was St. Patrick's day, I'm puzzled why they even attempted this. Even if this does release in theaters, the writings on the wall that it's another big budget flop. Just toss it out on D+ and move on.

VOD it in about three/four weeks, and I’ll probably watch it. I’ll even pay the $20 “first run VOD” price. Good luck getting me to watch it after that.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I watched it last night and oof.

Oof, oof, oof.

I haven't read the books, so I can't comment on how bad the changes were. This movie looks and feels like it belongs in the mid-2000's when every studio was trying to find the next Harry Potter. The second act was a complete drag (which shouldn't happen in a 90 minute movie) and I don't know what the hell Dench and Gad were smoking to make the accents they put on. I wouldn't call it the worst film of the year, or even one that deserves the 10% it has on RT, but...yeah, you're better off just skipping this.

I watched it last night and oof.

Oof, oof, oof.

I haven't read the books, so I can't comment on how bad the changes were. This movie looks and feels like it belongs in the mid-2000's when every studio was trying to find the next Harry Potter. The second act was a complete drag (which shouldn't happen in a 90 minute movie) and I don't know what the hell Dench and Gad were smoking to make the accents they put on. I wouldn't call it the worst film of the year, or even one that deserves the 10% it has on RT, but...yeah, you're better off just skipping this.
So, if I were doing a double feature, should I watch it before or after Cats?