Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

The no fly zone over magic kingdom extends all the way to world showcase, so while possible, aerial images of GotG will be take from far away.

At the bottom right of the TFR circle you can see a black square which is Epcot (specifically spaceship earth), with the edge of the TFR going over Germany/Italy/Amercica pavilions. Gonna need a good telephoto lens to get a good shot of GotG.
View attachment 5173

from SW:GE edge then ? :lol::bolt:

Nice map though, one I've not seen before.

The no fly zone over magic kingdom extends all the way to world showcase, so while possible, aerial images of GotG will be take from far away.

At the bottom right of the TFR circle you can see a black square which is Epcot (specifically spaceship earth), with the edge of the TFR going over Germany/Italy/Amercica pavilions. Gonna need a good telephoto lens to get a good shot of GotG.
View attachment 5173
Good research. :thumbsup:

I have a feelings little drones going up and down quickly in Epcot's parking lot will be how we see what's up with Guardians.

Park, have the drone just go over the treeline to get some shots, have it come back down and you're leaving before security can tell you not to use a little drone.

I have a feelings little drones going up and down quickly in Epcot's parking lot will be how we see what's up with Guardians.

Park, have the drone just go over the treeline to get some shots, have it come back down and you're leaving before security can tell you not to use a little drone.
That worked for Pandora for like a week. And the best YouTube video from a drone got taken down within another week. They were not very happy with that behavior and put a stop to it immediately, probably for safety reasons since they flew over workers to get some footage.

That worked for Pandora for like a week. And the best YouTube video from a drone got taken down within another week. They were not very happy with that behavior and put a stop to it immediately, probably for safety reasons since they flew over workers to get some footage.
Yeah, there were some drone videos elsewhere on property too and all were taken down. Disney took care of it quickly and is highly discouraging the use of any drones.

Welp, guess I'm gonna be needlessly riding the monorail from and to Ticket and Transportation Center quite a lot over the next few years.
Or find a DVC member friend who is willing to take you up to the top of BLT. DVC members don't need to be staying at BLT to go up anymore.

from SW:GE edge then ? :lol::bolt:

Nice map though, one I've not seen before.

Good research. :thumbsup:

Knew this from studying for my Part 107 Airmen Certification for commercial drone operations; anytime we were learning about aeronautical charts (which you have to for drones!) I used this sectional chart as a studying aid (merging my two hobbies!)

Newer pre-built drones won't take off in no-fly zones unless you hack the firmware, I'm sure @bassrebel knows a little more about this.

Knew this from studying for my Part 107 Airmen Certification for commercial drone operations; anytime we were learning about aeronautical charts (which you have to for drones!) I used this sectional chart as a studying aid (merging my two hobbies!)

Newer pre-built drones won't take off in no-fly zones unless you hack the firmware, I'm sure @bassrebel knows a little more about this.

Wow, I never would have thought. Great use of tech.

Hmmm I forgot to tell you all about Uni and their hiring an employee/dept (or something like that) whose job it will be to keep drones from flying over the property using whatever stealth devices they can muster. This didn't happen too long ago either.

Disney is doing similar with an air traffic control type position - probably to coordinate the install of the lift system via copters, but included in it is getting rid of drones.

Hmmm I forgot to tell you all about Uni and their hiring an employee/dept (or something like that) whose job it will be to keep drones from flying over the property using whatever stealth devices they can muster. This didn't happen too long ago either.

It's not a surprise really, look at all the drone footage we got during working hours during VB construction. From a H&S point of view this kind of footage is an accident waiting to happen.

More than a year ago Jim Hill said in house they were pushing for Disney Cinemagic but it never focus grouped well, yet they kept pushing it. Funny to see it still in the bunch.

Oh, and all of those are terrible. Half of them sound like sex toy names.

I'm still laughing over the fact of that those are the best they came up with?!

For god's sake, Disney's Hollywood Adventure doesn't sound so bad anymore for me.

To quote an Emperor, how about "Bob's Beyond Park"?

I really can't cinamagine what they're thinking!

Change Cinamagine with XL.

giphy.gif